Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   rude pvp (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/36843-rude-pvp.html)

macmom111 04-05-2011 04:39 PM

rude pvp

I booked a cruise yesterday, 2 rooms fully paid. I had a pvp that we had worked with for about 7 cruises until he was very rude to us during my triumph booking.
after that I would find the cruise I want, call carnival and book the cruise with the first person that answers the booking line. Thats what I did, very very nice gentleman.
Then this morning the pvp that I booked the 7 cruises with called and wanted to know why I called carnival yesterday. I told him I booked a cruise. He asked me if I wanted his extension if we book again, I told him no, I dont think so. HE HUNG UP ONE ME. Not enjoy your cruise, have a nice day, go jump in a lake, good bye, nothing just hung the phone up.
I didnt call him, he called me. and then hangs up on me because He didn t hear what he wanted. I am so angry, I called and complained to his manager and will follow up with a letter.

Dave 04-05-2011 04:46 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. It was completely inappropriate conduct by that PVP and he should receive corrective action from the manager.

Sandy 04-05-2011 04:52 PM

What rude treatment! I hope his call to you was recorded so that his boss can hear for himself. You deserve a major apology.

Dwayne 04-05-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macmom111 (Post 287148)
I booked a cruise yesterday, 2 rooms fully paid. I had a pvp that we had worked with for about 7 cruises until he was very rude to us during my triumph booking.
after that I would find the cruise I want, call carnival and book the cruise with the first person that answers the booking line. Thats what I did, very very nice gentleman.
Then this morning the pvp that I booked the 7 cruises with called and wanted to know why I called carnival yesterday. I told him I booked a cruise. He asked me if I wanted his extension if we book again, I told him no, I dont think so. HE HUNG UP ONE ME. Not enjoy your cruise, have a nice day, go jump in a lake, good bye, nothing just hung the phone up.
I didnt call him, he called me. and then hangs up on me because He didn t hear what he wanted. I am so angry, I called and complained to his manager and will follow up with a letter.

Absolutely no call for anyone to be rude like that. I'm glad you complained. A follow up letter will be the best way to bring this matter to management's attention.

tim c 04-06-2011 05:26 AM

We have been getting alot of calls from 3pvps.. They all said that we have been moved to there costumer list of contacts.. They are really getting pushy on calling us evey week.. I had to tell them all that if they dont stop calling that I was never to cruise again. I told them that I monitor the prices and know when I can afford/go.. So I will call them.. I dont know if CArnival is making them have a certain # of bookings they must reach but man that phone call can be annoying especially when you know you cant book one..

macmom111 04-06-2011 06:55 AM

The Manager that I spoke with said that if you have ever registered on carnival.com that it sends an alert to a pvp, and that is where it is coming from. I dont know enough about computers to know if what he said is true or not. Also if you call to inquire about anything the first thing they ask is your phone number and that is used for follow up calls. the person that asks for the phone number say they need it if you get disconnected. The manager said to not get these calls to just not give them your number, it is not required.

I think times are getting tough everywhere and people are fighting very hard for the almighty dollar and that is what caused this pvp to be rude. He made it very plain when he hung up the phone that my booking with carnival I was not a guest, I WAS A NUMBER WITH A PAYCHECK. plain and simple...I would book on line but then I would go back in the system because they have my phone number. I am going to look into travel agents to book with.

penny3333 04-06-2011 07:42 AM

Macmom111, that was totally inappropriate behavior, especially since he called you. I don't know if PVPs have a quota or not, it may have something to do with his behavior, but he sure won't be getting bookings acting that way. I'm glad you spoke with his supervisor and a letter is indeed in order. I think your solution to finding a good travel agent is the best approach!

Jim C. 04-06-2011 10:06 AM

And if you call the booking line and YOUR pvp does not answer you get a random PVP. They rarely ask if you have been dealing with any of the others if you say "I want to book cruise X" they just gladly take your booking. So to treat you like that is un-called for since their own agents steal each others clients all the time. When we had a PVP, we booked everything through him. On one cruise I called but did not have my PVPs extension # with me and needed information to book an excursion. The random PVP I get in touch with said he could handle that without a problem, booked my excursion for me and I thought all was well. The next day I get a call from my PVP wanting to know what he had done wrong. When I asked him what he meant he said he got I note that I had called and transferred my bookings to another PVP... I told him .. no. He was a bit upset at the other PVP and I am sure there were words....

Must be a cut throat office environment there.

But in any case I think you deserve an apology as hanging up on you is inexcusable....

tncruiseman 04-08-2011 05:02 PM

Their website tracking software does recognize your computer's "cookies" whenever you visit the Carnival site. If you are a registered user, it picks you up whether you log on or not and then send an e-mail that "X" has just visited the website. It can also show them what pages you viewed if they want to look at those details.

You can avoid that recognition by "deleting your cookies" but you may have to re-register to access your desired information. Sometimes, I will view a wild itenerary and then wait for the call just to have fun with it! Its not personal. LOL

Casanova frankenstein 04-09-2011 07:03 PM

I don't understand this
I have a Cruise already reserved at carnival if you mean that PVP is the person that anwser the phone
I already use differents PVP in just this cruise I already call like 8 times
I just call 1-800-carnival and make the changes with the one that answer and I don't really recall any names with all the bookings I made so far I always use the same method with each one of my cruises.

what I really like to know if this is some form of trying to get your personal info for a identity theft or something like that this sounds a little strange for my taste...