Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 06:50 AM

Default Bermuda cruise
Has anyone taken the Bermuda cruise out of Charleston? If so, what did you think of it? We are seniors 65+ and usually do not like Carnival, but Bermuda is the destination, not the cruise ship!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:50 AM

Welcome to Cruise Chat. Carnival normally doesn't sail to Bermuda. This is a new itinerary for them. The sailings will fill up fast. What is it you don't like about Carnival? Have you actually sailed on them or just listening to other comments? Carnival has more senior cruisers than any other cruise line. I know many seniors that have sailed and enjoyed Carnival. The Fantasy is one of their older ships, but has been recently refurbished. I think you will find an older clientele mix on the Bermuda cruise. Bermuda is a lovely destination to visit.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:57 AM

Hi Joyce1946! Welcome to CruiseReviews! I haven't taken that specific cruise....yet....it is on my bucket list, and very high on it. I know Carnival had the reputation of a party line, but that has drastically changed over the years. It is now more family oriented. As Cruise Fanatic states, Bermuda will normally draw an older demographic than the Caribbean or Mexico. If you do decide to go, please be sure to try the chocolate melting cake, it is so yummy! Carnival's ships are very well maintained, clean, good food, and usually a fantastic crew. We've sailed on them quite a bit and can honestly say have never had a bad cruise! My hubby's in his early 60s and I'm in my late 50s. I can attest to the fact that there were many on board older than we are.

I honestly don't think you'd regret sailing on Carnival. In fact, I think you'd be quite impressed. Best wishes!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:44 AM

Default Hi Joyce...
I have been on the Fantasy four times when it was in NOLA and Mobile and
love it, and I am 55.

The CD on the Fantasy if Risa Barnes and she does an amazing job at helping cruisers feel at home. She told me the Bermuda Cruises have been wonderful and a unique experience.

A one port trip to Bermuda is not going to get the crowd who would normally go to Nassau or Cozumel. I think you will be well pleased.

Have a great time...

PREVIOUS CRUISES

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Elation (1) Feb. 12, 2011
Carnival Triumph (2) March 13, 2010; Oct. 16, 2010
Carrnival Fantasy (4) Oct. 15, 2007; Oct 27, 2008; March 2, 2009; Nov. 11, 2009
Carnival Holiday (2) Dec. 27, 2007 & Dec. 31, 2007
NCL Sun (1) on March 11, 2007
Carnival Glory (1) Sept. 16, 2006
Carnival Celebration (2) Dec. 31, 2005; March 20, 2006
Carnivall Conquest (1) Oct 9-16, 2005
Old 04-07-2011, 03:32 PM

Welcome to CruiseReviews!

I have been on the Fantasy many times and absolutely love it! The ship has been refurbished multiple times and looks amazing for her age. As others have said, and I agree with - Carnival has plenty of seniors! Oftentimes they will be the largest demographic on the ship. Of course this varies with the time of year and itinerary. This will be most likely the case for a Bermuda cruise from Charleston.

Cruise Director Risa Barnes is also an acquaintance of mine, and told me the same thing that Jabee noted about the Bermuda cruises.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Hi Joyce, and welcome to the CruiseReviews forums.

We've been to Bermuda several times, most recently in 2006. It's a lovely destination and I agree that the cruise line is of less importance in this case. You'll dock at King's Wharf, once considered out of the way yet it has been built up considerably in the past few years. There is also easy access by ferry to St. George and Hamilton and by bus to the famed south shore beaches. The one negative to this particular itinerary, however, is that the 24 hours you will have there is not much.

We tend to favor HAL (presently have two cruises booked) and Celebrity, yet have also enjoyed Carnival, including a Caribbean cruise last summer on Carnival Elation, one of Carnival Fantasy's sister ships. And, based on my experiences to Bermuda (most of which have been on NCL), there is generally a more seasoned group of travelers onboard.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:27 PM

Default Carnival Fantasy 6 day "Fun Times" to bermuda ?
Hello - - I'm cruising on the Carnival Fantasy to bermuda on a 6 day from Charleston. We are departing on April 23, 2011. If possible, I would like to see if anyone has scanned Carnival " Fun Times " aka past " Carnival Capers " of details for the cruise. I'm packing and just wanted to get a glance of the activites. Please feel free to post them or provide a link. Thanks again and happy cruising to everyone.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnival fantasy april 23 View Post
Hello - - I'm cruising on the Carnival Fantasy to bermuda on a 6 day from Charleston. We are departing on April 23, 2011. If possible, I would like to see if anyone has scanned Carnival " Fun Times " aka past " Carnival Capers " of details for the cruise. I'm packing and just wanted to get a glance of the activites. Please feel free to post them or provide a link. Thanks again and happy cruising to everyone.
Welcome to CruiseReviews!

I haven't seen them posted anywhere. I asked John Heald if they could possibly be posted. If they get posted, I will post a link for you.

Hope you have a great cruise, and Welcome Aboard,

Dwayne
Old 04-11-2011, 11:00 AM

Hi carnival fantasy april 23, welcome to CruiseReviews! I don't have any Capers from that particular itinerary, but I do have old Capers. Is it just that particular itinerary you need?

Hope you have a marvelous cruise!
Old 04-11-2011, 02:53 PM

carnival fantasy april 23,

I will be getting on the Fantasy when you are getting off. Please save me some Chocolate Melting Cake!

Closed Thread

Tags
barnes, bermuda, burmuda, carnival, charleston, chat, comments, cruise, fanatsy, fantasy, forum, review, reviews, reviewsbermuda, risa, schedule