Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 12:38 PM

Default Snorkeling
I need help....western cruise....which snorkelling excursion would someone recommend.. Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan!!!!! There's so many to choose, anyone been on these and have recommendations? Thanks a bunch
Old 04-07-2011, 02:07 PM

I like all three of those. On Grand Cayman, you can do a free self guided excursion at Abanks Dive Center. It is a short walk from the tender pier. At Belize, I can recommend Geoff's Cay excursion. They pick you up straight from the ship and deliver you back. It is a beautiful little island. Have only done a private excursion on Roatan to a Dive Lodge, so can't really give a recommendation.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:00 AM

Sorry, Sandylynn, I didn't see your post here. If you've not been to Grand Cayman before, Stingray City is the major attraction. Although, there is some really good snorkeling right near the tender area. As Dwayne mentioned, Abanks used to let you go in the water from their dock, not sure if you have to rent equipment from them or not. Belize is awesome for snorkeling. The reef is second only to the great barrier reef in size. You snorkel on the same reef in Roatan. We did our excursion through the ship. We went to Turnereife (sp?) and then they took us to a private island (Bannister I believe). It was a fantastic excursion. In Roatan, we did an excursion through the ship (Costa) the first time we were there that was great. The second time we snorkeled in Mahogany Bay. The last time we went to Tabyana. We were going to snorkel, but the weather wasn't very nice. The waves were up too high to make a beach snorkel enjoyable. Tabyana is a nice beach area, and there's probably pretty good snorkeling if you run into good weather. If you dock at Mahogany Bay and want to save some money, you can do a snorkel from the beach there. Granted it's not as good as being on an excursion, but it can allow you to put more towards another excursion in Belize. I think our excursion was $129/pp in Belize, something like that.

Hope this helps.

Closed Thread

Tags
barrier, beach, belize, caribbean, carnival, cruise, excursions, forum, myrtle, reef, review, reviews, royal, snorkel, snorkeling, snorokeling