Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 05:15 AM
Question cruise loactor has Fantasy doing 0.5 knots
The last report from the carnival Fantasy from sailwx.info had her off Florida (about 27 degree by 80 longitude) going only 0.5 knots. on April 17 at 10 am Universal time. No reports after that. Any one know why she would be going so slow on the leg back to home port?
Old 04-18-2011, 11:47 AM

Don't know for sure, could be a number of reasons. Ahead of schedule, medical evacuation, erroneous reading, entering a no wake area, mechanical problem, but I haven't heard anything bad so I'm inclined to believe it was an erroneous signal. Dwayne probably knows for sure.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:48 PM

I'm thinking it is a misreading of some sort. I haven't heard anything about it. As far as I know the Fantasy left Charleston at 16:00 hrs this evening on schedule. Sailwx is still showing her way down the coast in Florida between the Bahamas which would be impossible if she is on schedule.

Okay, I just spoke to a staff member of one of my favorite restaurants in Charleston. Fleet Landing that is beside the pier. The Fantasy left shortly after 4 pm today - on schedule.

CruiseDad, hope this helps alleviate any worry about your daughter.

Something wacky must be going on with the tracker/locator.

Dwayne
Old 04-19-2011, 04:30 AM

Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseDad View Post
The last report from the carnival Fantasy from sailwx.info had her off Florida (about 27 degree by 80 longitude) going only 0.5 knots. on April 17 at 10 am Universal time. No reports after that. Any one know why she would be going so slow on the leg back to home port?
We were on this trip New Years and they slowed down to a crawl on the way back to port and it was......AWESOME! The captain timed it so that we could enjoy New Years' Eve up on deck in the warmest possible area prior to sailing into Mobile. I have no idea why it is slow now, but it is probably something similar.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks gang, My Daughter arrived safely home last night. She has signed off for a few weeks break and she knew nothing about going so slow. I'm inclinded to think it was a data error. However at 10 Universal time she is snug in her bed but had there been some unusual activity she would hear about it in the morning.

Over her nearly 9 years at Carnival she has had some doozey of stories about stopping in the middle of night on the ocean for things from Refugee Boat people, to man overboard false alarms, to a lost Luxery Sailboat. Glad this was nothing
Old 04-19-2011, 09:46 AM

Glad to hear your daughter is safe and home. I am sure it made you worry. I'm certain she has some stories to tell. Maybe, one day, she could write a book. I'll bet it would be a best seller!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseDad View Post
Thanks gang, My Daughter arrived safely home last night. She has signed off for a few weeks break and she knew nothing about going so slow. I'm inclinded to think it was a data error. However at 10 Universal time she is snug in her bed but had there been some unusual activity she would hear about it in the morning.

Over her nearly 9 years at Carnival she has had some doozey of stories about stopping in the middle of night on the ocean for things from Refugee Boat people, to man overboard false alarms, to a lost Luxery Sailboat. Glad this was nothing
Glad to hear she is home safe. A little disappointed that I am going to miss her again on the 29th. Cruise Director Risa spoke highly of her and was going to personally find her for me this time. I'll catch her the next time.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Yes I noticed she was to be signed off during your next cruise. She will be back on the Fantasy mid May. Right now she is in Canada with her husband, hope it is nice there. Snowed in NH last night, and only 36 right now. Where is Spring? Gotta book another cruise even if it's mid summer
Old 04-23-2011, 05:53 PM

I'm sure she needs a break. That's probably quite a temperature for change them. Hope she has a great break. I'll be on the Fantasy again as it is so convenient for me to cruise on her. Not in the summer though as I am busy with work obligations. Late October / Early November will be most likely when I go again. Maybe one of these days we'll all be on the same cruise. I love the Fantasy and the crew. They are one of the best I've ever cruised with.

Closed Thread

Tags
05, back, carnival, cruise, cruises, cruze, curise, fantasy, fantisy, forums, knots, line, location, locator, reviews, sailwx, ship