Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   carnival corporate policy (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/36908-carnival-corporate-policy.html)

phy0749 04-18-2011 02:59 PM

carnival corporate policy

Just got off freedom and was angry at the way we were treated. We are past guests many times. Carnival recently changed their policy on purchasing liquer off ship. Used to be liquer would be delivered to your stateroom night prior to disembarking. Now, the liquer you purchase onboard is delivered to room but liquer bought off ship you have to go down to 5th floor to retrieve your liquer the morning of debarkation amist all the confusion of people getting off the boat. I went down and line was extremely long and moving at a snails pace. It took me 1 hour. There were alot of folks behind me. Now, thankfully we drove to port everglades. If we had flown and had to catch an early flight we woul of been in a mess because once off ship, on the sidewalk in front of terminal we would of had to repack suitcases. There were alot of people really angry and i'm sure alot were delayed and had the choice of leaving liquer or missing flight. This whole problem could of been rectified by delivering liquer to stateroom the night before but it was carnivals way of controlling where you buy your liquer and punishing you for not buying aboard. This will probably be my last carnival cruise, guests do not need to be controlled/punished by a cruise. Carnival is not only game in town. Was told this was a corporate decision, not popular with staff aboard ship (freedom). Nice going carnival, bonehead move. The idea is to have satisfied guests not ****ed off guests.

Dwayne 04-23-2011 03:18 PM

I can empathize with you on this. I have read a lot of comments about people being unhappy with this new policy. I didn't know they were limiting it to gang way alcohol. I thought they were doing it all that way now including gift shop purchases. It sure would make it inconvenient for those flying and needing to be packed and ready to go. I'll ask how they are doing it on the Fantasy next week.

DUTCHMAN 04-24-2011 04:41 PM

Carnival did say they will not change policy. Something happened because they reviewed the policy because of complaints and will not change it. We stopped bringing anything home 2 years ago, it became a pain in the you know what.

Dwayne 04-24-2011 07:28 PM

I wonder if they are doing this for security reasons or just being cheap on the labor side. I can see why it is not a good idea to leave bottles of liquor in the corridors on the last night. Someone could steal your booze or a kid could get into it.

tim c 04-25-2011 03:47 AM

I guess that will end our alchol buying cause I will not stand in line that long.. Carnival is messing up here...

Larry in Miami 04-25-2011 08:12 AM

I had to do that on the Dream last year. There was no line when I went to claim my liquor but it was still a pain to go pick it up.

The still deliver liquor purchased onboard, right??

Jim C. 04-25-2011 08:20 AM

Yes, if you buy it from the ships store they will still deliver it the last night like before. This alone makes me question why they would do this if not in an attempt to help the ships store sales.

Larry in Miami 04-25-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim C. (Post 287618)
Yes, if you buy it from the ships store they will still deliver it the last night like before. This alone makes me question why they would do this if not in an attempt to help the ships store sales.

I'm sure that had something to do with it. :)

Dwayne 04-25-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim C. (Post 287618)

I think you may be on to something there. See, when I first heard about the policy change for some reason I thought it was for all including the gift shop. That was a while back though. I wonder if they fine tuned it since then to exclude the gift shop. I see they changed the language on their site as well.

penny3333 04-26-2011 08:12 AM

I did have to go and pick my purchases up on the Valor last year. I also had to pick up my purchases on the Sky (NCL) in February. However, there wasn't a line and there was a large window to go down to pick it up. I don't know why there was a line on the Freedom. Both the Valor and the Sky were purchases I had made in the ship's store. I preferred them bringing it to your room. In fact, Princess would deliver inside the cabin via the cabin steward. I don't know if that has changed but will find out in December.