Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Carnvial Freedom - La Romana (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/36912-carnvial-freedom-la-romana.html)

Nann 04-18-2011 04:40 PM

Carnvial Freedom - La Romana

Please give me your thoughts of this port! We just want to relax on the beach, can this be done here?

penny3333 04-19-2011 06:42 AM

Yes, it can. In fact, that's about all there is to do in La Romana unless you want to take an excursion to the main land or a snorkeling excursion. We chose the snorkeling and it was fantastic. We then came back to the beach and visited the shops. The prices there are NOT reasonable. The beach area is very nice, but very aggressive vendors. You will have to say no thank you quite a few times, then they'll leave you alone. There are chairs and umbrellas available. The water was fantastic!

Nann 04-19-2011 06:50 AM

Thanks! How close is the beach to were the boat docks?

penny3333 04-19-2011 08:45 AM

The length of the ship. Seriously, you dock right at the beach. It's great:)

Nann 04-19-2011 09:52 AM

THANKS!

I'm loving the ports of the Freedom more and more everyday, but the Epic is a much better boat. I don't know what to do.

penny3333 04-19-2011 11:22 AM

NCL and Carnival are 2 different products with 2 different experiences. Although the Epic has some dynamite offerings and the ship is gorgeous, Carnival has some fantastic amenities. Carnival's Freedom is a very large ship and it does have the water works, they have a great children's program, really good food, and some good shows. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either cruise line. For a first experience, I would suggest going with the ports that interest you the most and the price. If NCL is less expensive, try the Western Caribbean itinerary if the Eastern is not to your liking. If the price is about the same, go with the itinerary you prefer. There will be plenty to do on the Freedom if you choose that ship, and there is plenty to do on the Epic if you choose that ship.

We're all waiting to see what you decide to book:)

Nann 05-26-2011 06:44 AM

Private Message

Penny3333,

I sent you a private message, please get back to me when you can.

Nann

Cruise Fanatic 05-26-2011 07:20 AM

To avoid confusion, the CCL Freedom doesn't have the actual Waterworks Aqua park. It does have a Twist slide and outdoor Seaside Theatre. The Waterworks Aqua park are currently on the Fantasy class ships.

Nann 05-26-2011 07:28 AM

Thanks for clearing that up! I did notice the waterslide, I think it will work for my kids.

Do you have any information on the port La Romana? I can't find much info on the internet.

Dave 05-26-2011 08:59 AM

Did you look at Frommer's excellent report on La Romana? Look here