Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Smile 10th cruise with Carnival
My wife and I just booked our 10th cruise with Carnival. The Vacation Planner was all bubbly about VIP checkin, but we booked a suite so VIP would be in it anyway. It seems to my memory that there were other more tangible perks on the 10th cruise. Like a ship credit. Any one else remember that? Do they still do it? I see evidence that Carnival is trying to boost income (expect a phone call later to buy the insurance et al) , do I need to remind them that the 10th cruise gets something more.

Any advise or thoughts

Thanks
CruiseDad
Old 04-27-2011, 08:38 AM

Well welcome to the Platinum club CruiseDad. While yes, you would have gotten VIP boarding with the suite anyway, that is ALL you would have received.

With Platinum status you also get other goodies- Free laundry service. (not dry-cleaning just wash and dry) which is a great thing if you want to be able to travel light. You get a free entry (for each Platinum guest) to either the Blackjack tournament or the slot tournament (even if you are not a gambler, its worth a shot at one of those for the $500 prize)
You get canopies delivered to your stateroom, a platinum gift (which I think is a small cooler at the moment, they change it every so often)
You get to use the VIP line at the guest services desk, just flash your platinum S&S card. This can be great when there is a long line. You get priority tendering.. even better.. if you want off the ship first thing you do not have to wait for the ship tours to leave, you can simply go down to the tender gangway and show them your card and they will get you on the next tender. There is supposed to be the same returning to the ship but the enforcement is not the best since Carnival does not always have control over the tendering on the return. Priority disembarkation too. Oh and priority spa reservations.

I'm sure I left a couple of things out... but these are the most commonly used perks by us.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 04-27-2011, 07:52 PM

Congrats and Welcome to the club CruiseDad!

Jim pretty much covered most of the perks I use as well. There are a few more though.

Guaranteed Dining Assignments.

Guaranteed Steakhouse Reservations.

Petit Fours delivered one evening by Room Service.

Does anyone know if we are still getting the Galley Tour?

One neat and un-written perk is the "Welcome Backs" you get from the crew when you hand them your card the first time.

There is an On Board Credit when you reach Milestone Platinum which is 25 cruises. On the 25th cruise you get 25% of something as an On Board Credit.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim C. View Post
Well welcome to the Platinum club CruiseDad. While yes, you would have gotten VIP boarding with the suite anyway, that is ALL you would have received.
As a three-time Carnival cruiser who recently sailed in a suite, Jim is spot-on as to how this is done in practice. We benefited from VIP boarding and the larger cabin -- that's about it, and that's what we expected given our Gold status.

List of Past Guest Recognition benefits is HERE.

Congrats on your booking, and also for reaching this milestone!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:01 AM

Yes Dwayne that was the one I was forgetting! The Galley tour. You can go to the guest services desk and ask for the free galley tour. They will assign you a time/day. We were a family of 4 by ourselves on the tour. The Maitre'd gives the tour and we felt very special as we passed a large group (assuming it was the "behind the fun" tour) in the Galley and we got to see things they did not and go much closer. Our daughter wants to be a Pastry Chef and we told this to the Maitre'd as a passing comment when we went by the dessert prep area. He went and found the head pastry chef and he and my daughter had a great conversation about the field.... So it was really special.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

Old 04-28-2011, 12:00 PM

I am just as simple and plain as they come but I love being treated to the "VIP" treatment.
Enjoy each perk they give us because we have earned them. I love it.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:32 PM

At what point does Carnival give bridge tours? RCCL does after 24 cruises. Our bridge tour on the Alllure was a little different from all the other ships.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:09 PM

Before the shoe bombers of the world came along, you could get bridge tours for free on every cruise.... now you can only get one if you book the "Behind the Fun" tours which will cover the Bridge, Galley, Theater, and Engineering
but I think its a $99 fee. You are milestone status at 25 cruises but I don't know if that can get you a bridge tour or not...

Old 04-28-2011, 05:25 PM

Why do you ask, Sonny? Are you thinking of switching over?

Brad

Old 04-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseDad View Post
My wife and I just booked our 10th cruise with Carnival. The Vacation Planner was all bubbly about VIP checkin, but we booked a suite so VIP would be in it anyway. It seems to my memory that there were other more tangible perks on the 10th cruise. Like a ship credit. Any one else remember that? Do they still do it? I see evidence that Carnival is trying to boost income (expect a phone call later to buy the insurance et al) , do I need to remind them that the 10th cruise gets something more.

Any advise or thoughts

Thanks
CruiseDad
Welcome to Platinum!!
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......

Closed Thread

Tags
10th, benefits, board, caribbean, carnival, checkin, cruise, elation, line, long, perks, reviews, tenth, triumph, vip