Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Got an upgrade (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/36989-got-upgrade.html)

todd ham 05-12-2011 01:02 AM

Got an upgrade

I had gotten a up grade from the rivera deck to panorama deck eight a little closer to the pool and food. It a whole lot better than being all the way down stairs. It costed another $40.00 ,could not beat that deal,cruiseing in 31 day. before I was rushing the days and now they are coming fast.

Cruise Fanatic 05-12-2011 05:59 AM

I don't know who you booked your cruise through, but normally true Carnival upgrades are complimentary. Unless you're saying you upgraded yourself. It still sounds like a good deal though to move up that many decks.

Dave 05-12-2011 08:29 AM

When cruising in the Caribbean I usually try to get close to the pool deck too. I like to be in the position of running up one or two flights of stairs and being there. I'm not a huge fan of elevators.

Jim C. 05-12-2011 08:37 AM

$40 for that change IS a good deal. Did they call you and offer it to you or did you just decide to change? If you book a Guarantee cabin (which basically means you pay the lowest price for a category of cabin an then Carnival assigns a cabin that is available) then sometimes you can get a free upgrade to a better cabin. But if they call you and offer you an "upgrade" for a price, then its truly an up-sell call despite the fact they call it an upgrade... Regardless of how you got it, it is still a good deal. I would pay $40 to be on Lido versus Riviera wouldn't even have to think about it.

Hope you enjoy your cruise! 40 days will fly by. I remember when you first came on here asking about cruising and wanting help choosing one.. now its almost here....

penny3333 05-12-2011 12:48 PM

That's good news, Todd Hamm! You're countdown is really close. The bad part is, the cruise flies by. The good part is, you have fun planning the next one:)

Dwayne 05-12-2011 02:32 PM

Good for you Todd! Did you get an up-sell call? I don't blame you, I like being close to the Lido deck too.:)

todd ham 05-13-2011 05:46 PM

I booked with carnival agent, I had got an email from carnival saying an up grade $40.00 you are right upgrade are complimentary. they gave me room 8106.

todd ham 05-13-2011 05:53 PM

yes it here now and I seen to getting more nervous, they had sent me an email,but when I called the number ,she told me that they dont sent email but I had the code number could not past that up, thanks for every thing.

todd ham 05-13-2011 05:59 PM

your right about that it goes by quick, is it best to book a cruise at the last minute. and thanks for everything ,

todd ham 05-13-2011 06:04 PM

I had gotten an email ,but when I told the agent ,she said they dont do emails but I had the codes. I thought upgrades were free, room 8601