Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 10:24 AM

Default catching a flight out of Fort Lauderdale
we have a cruise booked out of Miami on the Valor for Sept. We are flying into Fort Lauderdale. Does anyone know what is the earliest we could make Air line reservation for our return home?
I know the Cruise people say 12 but there is a 10 oclock flight if we could make it. or is that just pushing it too much.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:58 AM

10am is really pushing it. Ft. Lauderdale airport is a good 40 min. drive from the port of Miami. I would not book anything earlier than noon.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-13-2011, 12:12 PM

40 minutes is if traffic is good. I wouldn't advise anything before noon. If everything goes perfectly, 10 would really not be realistic, especially with the security lines.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:15 PM

When we cruised in February, we also cruised out of Miami but flew in to Ft. Lauderdale. It is a good 40 minute drive; however, in our case, there was an accident on the highway and it took over an hour. I wouldn't cut your times too close!

Nadine
Old 05-13-2011, 02:20 PM

thanks, so glad I asked, we will book an after 12 noon flight
Old 05-13-2011, 05:44 PM
I found that the prices of the flights went up as the day progressed. It was actually less expensive to book a room and fly out the next morning!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 05-14-2011, 05:36 AM

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale and I am looking for a hotel to stay in the night before we board our ship. Do any of you have any suggestions on a nice clean hotel that provides shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and also to the port? We would like something with a restaurant or close to restaurants. Thanks.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:55 AM

Are you cruising out of Lauderdale or Miami? If you are out of Lauderdale, there is a Hampton Inn on Stirling Road that use to have free shuttle service to the port. There is also a Comfort Inn next door that had a shuttle. Both have restaurants near them. I would double check if they still offer the shuttle before booking.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poormom View Post
I found that the prices of the flights went up as the day progressed. It was actually less expensive to book a room and fly out the next morning!
That is what I found as well. Airlines know which flights connect with the cruise ships, and really sock it to you. Sometimes it is much cheaper (and not as stressful) to fly the day before and after
Old 05-15-2011, 06:14 AM

I am planning our cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. We will be flying in and out of Fort Lauderdale - if we book a flight to leave at 10:15 a.m. the day we return to port - is that too early for us? I was thinking the last time we did self embarkation we were off the ship by 8:30 but I heard them announce that if you have an early flight you can request to get off the ship early? Any advice welcome.

Closed Thread

Tags
airline, carnival, cruise, day, earliest, early, fl, flight, flights, fll, fly, fort, ft, hotel, lauderdale, post, time