Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 07:55 AM

Default 2nd Cruise....
I went on my 1st cruise April 13th, Carnival Fantasy to Bahamas. WE loved the Adult Serenity area and spent much time there. We had such a blast I already booked my next cruise for August, but I booked by port and destination and didnt really look at the ship are then its size.

Now Im realizing the triumph doesnt have a serenity area on the ship, at least not yet.

Anyone been on this ship that can tell me about it?

DJ
Old 05-20-2011, 09:39 AM
The Truimph is a little bigger ship. bigger pool area and its a good one,, Has the putt putt and the water slide. I dont know why they dont have the adult only section yet,thought they would by now.. Great area.. You will have a blast anyway..!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djse60 View Post
I went on my 1st cruise April 13th, Carnival Fantasy to Bahamas. WE loved the Adult Serenity area and spent much time there. We had such a blast I already booked my next cruise for August, but I booked by port and destination and didnt really look at the ship are then its size.

Now Im realizing the triumph doesnt have a serenity area on the ship, at least not yet.

Anyone been on this ship that can tell me about it?

DJ
DJ
I've sailed the Triumph twice a few years back. You will like this ship. Good layout and well porportioned. I also liked the Serenity Deck on the Fantasy, nice to have a hot tub just for adults. I do believe that the Triumph has 1 tub that is adults only but you may have to ask the attendants to enforce it. But if you just want some nice peace and quiet while you watch the ocean go by, go out on the side decks. I think there is an entrance from the Atrium Bar on Deck 3. Almost nobody goes here. I take a book, grab a deck lounge chair and just chill. There is no waiter service but the atrium bar is not far away.

Last edited by CruiseDad; 05-20-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:26 AM

Thanks for the info folks..Im excited to go to Cozumel, wish it was a longer cruise, but we had to pick our dates in January and this fit right in. (its a 4 day)
Old 05-20-2011, 01:34 PM

Congratulations djse60, and welcome to CruiseReviews! I know what you mean about wishing it were longer, but any cruise is great as far as I'm concerned. January in Cozumel will beat any weather we'd be having in the US

Be sure to let us know how it went when you return. Have a marvelous time!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:28 PM

Anyone else been on the Triumph? Happy stories?
Old 05-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Administrator

I haven't been on Carnival Triumph, yet I was onboard her sister, Carnival Victory, and near-sister, Carnival Destiny. CruiseDad is spot on about the outdoor promenade on Deck 3. Few passengers know it's there...it even took me a couple of days to find it on my first cruise on this class of ship.

The layout of the ship can get a little frustrating, yet once you realize that Deck 5 can get you anywhere, you're in good shape.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:58 PM

Cruise is all booked And confirmed- room 7386 - can't wait!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:53 AM

Default I have been twice
I loved the Triumph...very nice ship in a "Between size" that is larger than a Fantasy class but smaller than the "Conquest" class.

The rear of the Lido deck is designated for adults, and there are two hot tubs that are adults only. We never saw any children in those tubs on either cruise. However, the down side is that the Pizza and the Hamburger stands are also located in this area, so you will see children and there is a pool there also. But kids were never a problem.

We did the Eastern to Key West, Nassau, and Freeport and also did the Western to Belize, Roatan, and Cozumel so we have put some miles on the ship.

Big Tex has been making NOLA his home port, so he has been assigned to the Triumph a lot, and he is a great CD.

Not sure what they are talking about on Deck 3...that is the lower Dining room, but there is a an area on Deck 5 (Promenade) behind the Club Rio lounge.

NOLA is a very nice port and easy to get into. You pull into the parking garage, drop off your luggage and then pull up and park.

PREVIOUS CRUISES

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Elation (1) Feb. 12, 2011
Carnival Triumph (2) March 13, 2010; Oct. 16, 2010
Carrnival Fantasy (4) Oct. 15, 2007; Oct 27, 2008; March 2, 2009; Nov. 11, 2009
Carnival Holiday (2) Dec. 27, 2007 & Dec. 31, 2007
NCL Sun (1) on March 11, 2007
Carnival Glory (1) Sept. 16, 2006
Carnival Celebration (2) Dec. 31, 2005; March 20, 2006
Carnivall Conquest (1) Oct 9-16, 2005
Old 06-10-2011, 09:05 AM

JaBee, do you stay in a hotel when you sail out of NOLA? My co-worker is sailing out of there in October and was thinking about the Marriott, but was wondering about parking and whether you could walk to the port. He's trying to decide between the Marriott and the Best Western in Slidell. He's stayed at the Best Western before and then parked at the terminal, which he liked. But, he was thinking about the Marriott because they offered a package deal which included parking. He's sailing solo, so it would be hard for him to drop off his luggage and then return the car to the Marriott. He had been told that the cab fare was $85, which I think is wrong. Sorry to make this such a long question

Closed Thread

Tags
13, adult, adults, area, august, carnival, cruise, deck, fanatsy, fantasy, reviews, serenity, ship, triumph, yahoo