Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Early saver works again (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/37019-early-saver-works-again.html)

tim c 05-21-2011 07:18 PM

Early saver works again

We booked an early saver fare 3 weeks ago and as of friday the whole deck was sold out.. Today 1 cabin came availble and the fare dropped $20.00 a person.. So i filled out the form to get it credited to my balance that is still due.. Come on Labor day.. And the Insperation!!

Jim C. 05-23-2011 09:38 AM

I'm hoping that as the final payment date comes in the next couple of days that one of the cabins in the same category as ours goes free. The price has not dropped since the last one booked up. But now I am checking every day.

luv2cruise2011 05-23-2011 11:44 AM

Were on the inspiration this Thursday. Was hoping to upgrate to a suite but was told the ship was sold out.

tim c 05-24-2011 06:09 AM

Yes Jim C.. Our deck was soldout to and Saturday some reason,one became availble and it dropped in price $20.00 ppr.. I cant believe that one cabin would do that.. I figure Carnival wpild lose more money than one cabin price because of the lowering of the price.. I guess they thought no one would catch it.. I wonder if a computer drops the price.....

Jim C. 05-24-2011 07:45 AM

Well I saved $40 on our Thanksgiving week Magic cruise. Was not expecting to see a drop on that one. But I had been periodically checking anyway! Thanks Tim. If I had not seen you post I might not have bothered to check...

penny3333 05-24-2011 10:47 AM

Congratulations to you both! I love it when fares decrease:)

CruiseDad 05-24-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim c (Post 288131)
We booked an early saver fare 3 weeks ago and as of friday the whole deck was sold out.. Today 1 cabin came availble and the fare dropped $20.00 a person.. So i filled out the form to get it credited to my balance that is still due.. Come on Labor day.. And the Insperation!!

We don't cruise until Jan 2012 so lots of time to watch the fares. Where do you get the form you mentioned? Just in case I can find a reduction between now and then. New Years Eve cruise so I don'ty expect it to drop. Fantasy may be filled already

Jim C. 05-24-2011 01:48 PM

If you used a travel agent, him/her has to submit the form. If you booked via a Carnival PVP, you can get the form from the Carnival website.

To easily check the current prices use this link - CCL Farechecker.Its easier to use than trying to go through the motions of booking a cruise to find the current fares.

tim c 05-24-2011 06:47 PM

I check EVERYDAY!! You really have to. especially around 100 days out.. CHECK CHECK CHECK.. If you wanna save money.....

Jim C. 05-25-2011 02:21 PM

I agree with checking everyday IF your cabin category is still showing up. But I have an aft wrap and an aft corner (9C and 9B) and those categories sold out long ago... So checking everyday is pointless. I have been checking the cruise I have an 8M on....