Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Looking for waiter... (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/37020-looking-waiter.html)

cruise4ev 05-22-2011 05:54 AM

Looking for waiter...

Hello everyone! I just got off the Carnival Liberty yesterday from a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!). I was looking for our waiter, because prior to leaving the ship, I did not get a chance to say goodbye or thank him for the excellent service. His name was Ricky, and he served us during the "Your Time Dining" in the lower level of the Golden Olympian. I wish I knew his last name, it would be so much easier! I do know that he was the Head Waiter, that his team waiter was Ilya, and the assistant waiter was Ryan. Can anyone help me out? It's extremely important to me.
Thanks a million! :)

Dave 05-22-2011 08:51 AM

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the cruise and the excellent service you received. We receive requests such as yours often.

I asked Carnival's public relations manager about this a few months ago and he said Carnival does not release contact information for their employees. This is to protect their privacy. I'm sure you can appreciate that.

However, I was also told that if passengers wished to send along their appreciation to specific crew members they should simply send them to Carnival's main office. I was assured that they would forward them to the proper persons on the ship. Here is the link.

Applejack 08-30-2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruise4ev (Post 288132)
Hello everyone! I just got off the Carnival Liberty yesterday from a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!). I was looking for our waiter, because prior to leaving the ship, I did not get a chance to say goodbye or thank him for the excellent service. His name was Ricky, and he served us during the "Your Time Dining" in the lower level of the Golden Olympian. I wish I knew his last name, it would be so much easier! I do know that he was the Head Waiter, that his team waiter was Ilya, and the assistant waiter was Ryan. Can anyone help me out? It's extremely important to me.
Thanks a million! :)

It's nice to see someone posting to show gratitude instead of acting like a spoiled baby because their towels weren't gleaming white enough or some stupidity like that. You my friend, have got class.

LisaP 08-30-2011 05:50 PM

Welcome aboard! Applejack, I think you'll find that most of our Members are classy and don't complain about the small stuff.

cruise4ev (great name!), Holland America, another of Carnival Corp.'s lines, has the same policy. I asked while onboard as I got a wonderful photo of our waiter and wanted to send it to him. He asked that I send it to headquarters and they'd be sure he'd receive it. Good luck... and I know that Ricky will appreciate the kind words!