Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 07:07 AM

Smile carnival miracle
hello cruisers

We have just found this site and have joined in.We are looking at the Carnival Miracle for Feb 22 2012 , this will be our 8th cruise ,the first to Souther Caribbean. We have reserched this out but some info on the islands would help also. the island St Kitts , St Lucia , we have not been there yet. Any info would be appreciated. Thankyou Happy Cruising.

challon
Old 05-24-2011, 07:14 AM
You will love the ship!! but I cant help you on the islands.have not had that pleasure yet

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-24-2011, 09:04 AM

St Kitts is ok. Not much there other than shopping. BUT I HIGHLY recommend taking a taxi to go Brimstone Hill to see the fortress. It was the most extensive British fortress I have every seen. Very well preserved and very interesting. If you get off the ship and walk into the market area. Go right once you are off the pier area and you will see a taxi depot. There are signs listing prices to go to various spots. We negotiated a bit with our taxi guy and he gave us a mini tour and took us to the Fort and waited there and brought us back for a very reasonable price. You could also take a ferry to Nevis depending on your time in port.

St Lucia- Some awesome beaches there. There is a Sandals resort but I don't know if they have day passes. We went on a pirate ship ride/snorkel.
It was an all day tour so I don't have much more to say about the island.

Everyone was friendly on both islands so you shouldn't have an issue there. If you don't want to book a ships excursion, we had no problems finding a "private" taxi to taxi us around for the day with a bit of haggling on price.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 05-24-2011, 11:44 AM

Hi Challon, welcome to CruiseReviews! Congratulations on your upcoming cruise. I LOVE the southern itineraries. St. Kitts is a pretty island, I second Jim's recommendation for Brimstone Hill. I also enjoyed watching them do the Batik.

St. Lucia is one of my most favorite islands. The locals are so friendly. The last time we were there we went to Pigeon Island. It was a really beautiful area, including the fort and the lookout was gorgeous. The snorkeling at the pitons is really good.

What are some of your interests? It might help us to make some suggestions to know what you enjoy doing.

Hope you have a marvelous time!

Closed Thread

Tags
2011, carnival, cruise, forum, information, kitts, location, lucia, miracle, passenger, port, review, reviews, ship, st