Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 06:27 PM

Default Carnival Miracle vs Freedom
I was wondering for those of you that have cruised on the Miracle how it compares to the Freedom. We have been on Valor, Glory, Victory and Freedom twice. I know that the Miracle is in a different class of ships but was wondering how much different it might be compared to the ones I have listed. We love the Freedom and might end up doing that one again but we like some of the ports that the Miracle has to offer for its Eastern cruise in March 2012.

Thanks so much!! bugcruiser
Old 07-26-2011, 11:35 AM

Wish I could help, but haven't had the pleasure to sail the Miracle. I've heard good reviews about the Spirit class ships. She holds around 2100 and she's 953' long. She looks like she has everything to offer that the Valor did (the largest Carnival ship I've sailed on). Hopefully, someone who has sailed her will see your post. I honestly believe you'd enjoy the ship. She looks great on their website.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:22 AM

If you like the itinerary of the Miracle better than the Freedom, then I would do that cruise. The differences between the Miracle and Freedom aren't significant. You'll find the lounges and bars similar just different decor and themes. Minor difference in some of the food venues. Such as Freedom has the Fish & Chips and Mongolian Wok, the Miracle doesn't. But the Miracle has the Rotisserie. The Freedom has Seaside Theatre and Miracle doesn't. The Miracle and other Spirit class ships have a unique feature the "enclosed promenade" which is a quiet sitting area at the front of the ship on the Atlantic deck. The theme of this area on the Miracle is Gatsby's Garden. I enjoy this quiet area which a lot of people don't find.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:08 AM
I've sailed the Miracle and think it is a fine ship. The spirit class is my 2nd favorite (behind what ever class of ship my daughter is on of course) But seriously, it is so easy to find your way around, and so many nice places to rest and stress relieve like Gatsby's Garden. The Rotisserie is fabulous, you ask for the ingrediants you want and they stir fry them up for you. Very nice. If you like the Ports take a cruise on the Miracle.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:30 PM

Thanks everyone for your input, after much thinking I just booked the Freedom again, I love this ship and it has everything we like and I still like the ports, but the main thing is I am going on another cruise. So glad I called today and booked the room we wanted they were all booked so we upgraded to the wrap around balcony on the back which I think we are really going to love, sounds like this ship is already getting booked up not much for balcony rooms on the verandah. Now I have to wait until March that part stinks!

Bugcruiser
Old 08-03-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Fanatic View Post
If you like the itinerary of the Miracle better than the Freedom, then I would do that cruise. The differences between the Miracle and Freedom aren't significant. You'll find the lounges and bars similar just different decor and themes. Minor difference in some of the food venues. Such as Freedom has the Fish & Chips and Mongolian Wok, the Miracle doesn't. But the Miracle has the Rotisserie. The Freedom has Seaside Theatre and Miracle doesn't. The Miracle and other Spirit class ships have a unique feature the "enclosed promenade" which is a quiet sitting area at the front of the ship on the Atlantic deck. The theme of this area on the Miracle is Gatsby's Garden. I enjoy this quiet area which a lot of people don't find.
We were on Miracle last March/April. Spirit seems to be our favorite - 7 times - and Miracle is same class. We have been on Freedom also. Love the enclosed promenade - mainly why I was writing - the Jungle on Spirit and I was thrilled when I found the Gatsby's Gardens on Miracle.

Closed Thread

Tags
2011, carnival, chips, cruise, cruises, fish, freedom, location, miracle, review, reviews, ship, valor, vs, whats