Carnival Fascination Fitness Center and Food Questions???
Hey guys, I weight train for bikini competitions and need to stay in shape while on the cruise. I am sailing next week (paid for it last week) and have some questions about the Carnival Fascination fitness center and the food on the ship. Just answer whatever you can thanks.
1. Is there a leg press machine?
2. Cardio: Do you remember if they had the Precor elliptical? (an incline ski machine)
1. Are egg whites an option for breakfast?
2. For salads, I need spinach, did they have spinach for lunch? What about turkey breast, asparragus?? Green beans...??
3. Does the oatmeal come plain (no butter, not sugary, cinnamon is fine)???
4. For lunch and dinner, is the food already seasoned, or is it served plain and you have to season it yourself? I have to eat my food plain.
5. Were there any microwaves on the ship?
6. Was there fish served everyday, and was it plain or seasoned?
Morena, the Fascination has several weight machines as well as free weights. I don't know if the ship has the specific machines you need, but feel certain that you can accomplish the kind of workouts you need with the equipment they have. Perhaps someone else on this board recalls specific equipment.
As for your food questions, everything that you mentioned, other than using a microwave, can be requested in the dining room. Even if it's not on the menu, you can request egg white omelets, plain fish and oatmeal, etc. They are very accommodating to special diets, and the things you need are readily available. Just make sure the waiter understands your requirements at each meal.
The buffet restaurant always has lots of salads and vegetables available as well.
Thank you so much!! I will go to the dining room for every meal then.
I thought i was going to have to bring my own cooked food (if allowed). I know it is a bad time to cruise right in the middle of getting ready for a show but i need a vacation!!! Haven't had a vacation for 3 years (economy..etc etc). And need to spend time with friends and I am so ready to get out of florida and have so much fun (well we are stopping at key west but havent been there yet).
Key West is how south Florida used to be, very laid back and a ball! I wish you weren't having to watch your diet, that's a good part of the fun on a cruise. However, if you cheat, you'll be walking more and doing more than you normally would, so I wouldn't worry too much!
Enjoy your vacation, 3 years is a long, long time!