Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Administrator

When I was young a friend and I used to shoot frogs with rifles to improve our aiming skills. We had a creek full of them near our houses. He could eat a dozen pair of legs at one sitting.

Personally I can take them or leave them.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:55 PM

I'll eat the Shark! I have inadvertently eaten it many times. When I first moved to the beach, the Calabash Buffet's would have what was labeled Scallops on the buffet. They were not Scallops, they were Shark Plugs it later came out. They should have Conch Fritters for a Didja item. Yum! They have them at the new Red Frog Pub on the Magic.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
I'll eat the Shark! I have inadvertently eaten it many times. When I first moved to the beach, the Calabash Buffet's would have what was labeled Scallops on the buffet. They were not Scallops, they were Shark Plugs it later came out. They should have Conch Fritters for a Didja item. Yum! They have them at the new Red Frog Pub on the Magic.
Yes, yum indeed on the conch fritters! I love them too!! I also LOVE the idea of the comfort foods. This is a real winner for me!!

Mrs. Boneman
Old 08-20-2011, 10:08 AM

Wow, some of those menu items sound good! I may have to try Carnival for my next cruise, as price wise, it appears that they are cheaper. I haven't booked anything yet, but tentatively, I was looking at the Eastern Caribbean itinerary on the Carnival Dream.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 08-20-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPayne View Post
Wow, some of those menu items sound good! I may have to try Carnival for my next cruise, as price wise, it appears that they are cheaper. I haven't booked anything yet, but tentatively, I was looking at the Eastern Caribbean itinerary on the Carnival Dream.
You should give Carnival a try sometime. I'm going to give RCL a try sometime too. Of course I am going to compare apples to apples with similar sized ships. Carnival's slogan used to be (a long time ago) "We've Got The FUN!", Now they can say "We've Got The FOOD!"

On a side note about the Frog Legs, do they serve them with the skin on? Does anyone have a picture of them on Carnival? Bill?

Hakuna Matata,

Dwayne
Old 08-20-2011, 09:45 PM

Jim C. - liked your reply to wooddon. My first thought was - aww come on. I am glad to see the new recipes - a few things I will try. I do not eat the exotic stuff. After 25 Carnival Cruises, I am glad to see a few changes. I am looking forward to our New England Cruise Sept. 24 and the menu additions. Its making me hungry now and its bedtime, so....
Old 08-21-2011, 05:02 AM

Frog legs are great! They really do taste a lot like chicken and the texture is similar as well.

The only thing that even slightly bothers me is that when they are served intact, as a pair, it looks a little weird. You'll see what I mean.

Take care all,

Brad

Old 08-21-2011, 10:27 AM

No, not served as a pair. They served them in a shallow oval bowl like chicken wings only baked with the herb & butter sauce. Definetly presented in a nice way. BUt I could see how serving them as a pair would be a put off.

As far as not trying anything exotic... why not? This is why they are doing this. To allow you to try something you would not normally try. You can order it along with your "Normal" choice of appetizer and then try it without worrying about spending money on something you might not like. Who knows you may find a new favorite food.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-21-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim C. View Post
As far as not trying anything exotic... why not? This is why they are doing this. To allow you to try something you would not normally try. You can order it along with your "Normal" choice of appetizer and then try it without worrying about spending money on something you might not like. Who knows you may find a new favorite food.
Exactly! Plus it would be a lot of fun watching someone eat something they have never tried before. Facial expressions are priceless! Now if they ever put Rattlesnake on the menu, I'm going to have to draw the line though. And let me guess, it tastes like chicken too!

Dwayne
Old 08-21-2011, 01:36 PM

Which brings up the question... "What does chicken taste like?"
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Tags
2011, carnival, carnivals, conquest, cruise, didja, dinner, dream, frog legs, heald, john, lunch, memu, menu, menus, splendor