Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   New Menus (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/37322-new-menus.html)

Dwayne 08-16-2011 06:01 PM

New Menus

The New Dinner and Dessert Menus can be viewed HERE.

These are in PDF format, so give them time to load. The top ones are Dinner and the bottom ones Dessert. The new Didja offerings are quite interesting.

Hakuna matata,

Dwayne

macmom111 08-16-2011 06:46 PM

I am glad to see the menu changes. I think it looks great, I love the feel good foods every night, there is something for everyone.
I get to check it out next month. cant wait

Dwayne 08-16-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macmom111 (Post 289987)
I am glad to see the menu changes. I think it looks great, I love the feel good foods every night, there is something for everyone.
I get to check it out next month. cant wait

After having the time to go over them - I Agree, and am quite happy about them. This is a better suited Menu for the demographic of cruisers on Carnival, and something for everyone in my humble opinion. I love that they added the Oysters! They still have all of my favorites. And if I get a craving for Fried Chicken or Meatloaf...I can get that too!

I am having a personal struggle with trying the Frog Legs and Alligator Fritters though.:)

Hakuna matata,

Dwayne

Rodney 08-17-2011 08:34 AM

This is a great menu with plenty of options for everyone. I will try the froglegs for sure. I am glad to see the escargots still on there as well as the Penne Mariscos! That is one of my favorite Carnival dishes. If you like salads, the fatoush salad is one of the best I have ever had. Too bad I will have to wait a year or two before I can cruise again...just can't get it in my schedule right now. Just thankful we got to go this May on the Conquest before she relocates.

penny3333 08-17-2011 11:29 AM

I'm glad my chocolate melting cake is still there:)

Dwayne 08-17-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 289992)
This is a great menu with plenty of options for everyone. I will try the froglegs for sure. I am glad to see the escargots still on there as well as the Penne Mariscos! That is one of my favorite Carnival dishes. If you like salads, the fatoush salad is one of the best I have ever had. Too bad I will have to wait a year or two before I can cruise again...just can't get it in my schedule right now. Just thankful we got to go this May on the Conquest before she relocates.

Rodney, I am going to have to work my nerve up for the Frog Legs. A Didja moment for sure! Someone told me they taste like chicken. I was glad to see all of my favorites remain on the menus. The West Indian Pumpkin Soup, Seafood Newburg, Lobster/Prime Rib, and Chateaubriand.

Dwayne

vacationbound 08-18-2011 02:05 AM

The menu looks wonderful. I can't wait to try it. I agree with Penny I am glad they didn't get rid of the chocolate melting cake. Dwayne the froglegs do taste like chicken!!

macmom111 08-18-2011 04:25 AM

I am not sure I will try them right away either. They taste like chicken? Isnt that what sharks say to each other before the attack the swimmer?

wooddon 08-18-2011 05:42 AM

We will never eat frog legs as we are frog lover and will not enter any restaurants that serve these. So I guess this cruise is off our list.

Jim C. 08-18-2011 11:09 AM

Really? This cruise line is off your list because they serve frog legs? They also serve lamb, pork, cows, chickens, baby chickens and many other animals. So do all other cruise lines... then let's start talking about the land based restaurants that serve such things. You might as well strike all the cruise lines and all the land based restaurants off your list if you are concerned that they serve animals as food also. That's just silly.

You cruising or not cruising is not going to prevent the frogs from being consumed. I could understand not eating them, but not cruising because of it is an overreaction I think.