Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1012 View Post
There is a product called "Bronine" or something spelled like that that can be bought where we live at a Jewel foods store. It is also sold in the general store areas of the ship. One pill a day, and my wife says they work wonders. She was fine on our first cruise until the captain said something at muster drill, and she was all over herself about being sea sick, and we hadn't even left the dock. Each box, blue in color I believe, has about 10 pills, good for at least a 7 day cruise. Sorry about the spelling of the product, but it's close enough for you to be able to find it in the drug store part of your area's version of Jewel Foods.
Jim C. - 27 Cruises and I swear by Bonine. Haven't had to use it that much on ship - just when it gets really rough - but I need it for car travel (hills, etc.) and airplane always.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Red face
I have such a great time reading all the posts from you seasoned cruise veterans, imagine my excitiment when I could finally help answer a post. As a Nurse and seasickness sufferer I can relate to your friends. My first cruise I spend the first few days a lovely shade of green!

Over the counter treatments such as the ginger and the Bonnine can be very helpful for mild sufferers. However, for some serious sickness they may want to visit their doctors & get an Rx for something stronger. I personally find promethazine (Phenergan) very helpful. My uncle (and physician) often orders Antivert for his patients.

Good luck to them (and to you)

Amy
2012- Carnival Legend
2011- Carnival Spirit
2009- RCCL Mariner
2007- RCCL Vision
2007- RCCL Monarch
2005- RCCL Vision
2000- Princess Dawn

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, freedom, line, motion, part, patches, prescription, review, sea, seas, ship, sick, sickness, tips