Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 09:33 PM

Default Can anyone give real-life experiences with Carnival Magic water slides?
Howdy! We live close to Galveston, and decided to go back to Carnival after sailing with Royal Caribbean for several cruises in the past 9 years. We last enjoyed the Royal Family Suite on RC Voyager of the Seas, and our children had an amazing time with their water slide--perfect for smaller kids but fun for moms too.

Since RC Voyager of the Seas is no longer coming to Galveston, and the Mariner of the Seas does not have a water slide, we thought Disney Magic for the wow factor of it being Disney, but the cost! Holy cow--the cost for adjoining inside staterooms was almost as much as the Royal Family Suite on Voyager!

So Carnival Magic it is, especially since the first picture that pops up is the dual water slides when you visit the site (and adjoining balcony cabins were priced better than interior Disney). I was wondering if I could get some first hand experiences with how crowded, how decent the hours were, any troubles with unruly kids and inattentive staff, and if it's as fun as it looks.

Thanks!!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:48 AM

I can't speak for Magic but I have been on the Dream and the water slides are identical. (The water park area has the dump bucket on the Magic, but the slides look the same.)

Never had any problem with unruly kids, the lines were always monitored when in operation. We tried the slides and all were fun. They were open most of the time. As long as the seas were somewhat calm then they were open.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 09-06-2011, 05:39 PM

Smile Carnival Magic WaterWorks and Pool hours
Hi pjay, and Welcome to Cruise Reviews Forums!

I don't have any experience with the slides on the Carnival Magic yet. The ones I've tried on the Fantasy class ships are a lot of fun - for young and old.

The WaterWorks hours of operation are 10AM - 5PM.

The regular pool hours are 8AM - 10PM.

All times are weather permitting of course.

*Kids must be 42" or taller for the Twister slide.

Welcome Aboard,

Dwayne
Old 02-12-2012, 09:51 AM

Hi!

How long do people usually wait in line for the slides? My 10 year old is so excited, but I'm not sure I'll be wanting to wait an hour in the hot sun for a 30 second slide! If so, what times are calmest?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy.Roberts View Post
Hi!

How long do people usually wait in line for the slides? My 10 year old is so excited, but I'm not sure I'll be wanting to wait an hour in the hot sun for a 30 second slide! If so, what times are calmest?

Thanks a bunch!
Hi Wendy

Like Dwayne, my experience is mostly with the Fantasy for the waterpark but my experience is it's almost no wait at all. I can't remember seeing more than just a handfull of kids waiting at either the twister or the double. I guess when teh weather gets real warm then it probably picks up some. I usually sail Jan or Feb

Tags
carival, carnival, cruise, experience, family, forum, magic, mariner, park, seas, ship, slide, staterooms, tip, water, waterslide, waterslides