Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 03:58 AM
Cheap advertisement!! Smart though.. now someone may book one because of missing the cruise life..

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-22-2011, 07:12 AM

The email actually is a big faux pas. If you look at it, they give an alternative to using a passport. Well, that's not going to work for the Carnival Magic out of Europe or an Alaska cruise where they need it for Canada.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:21 AM

Default Got email also
Hey Dave, I got one also. It scared me at first because it said in the reference part of the email "Important information concerning your upcoming cruise." I thought it was cancelled or something. The only other time I received an email from Carnival was when they did cancel a cruise I had booked because they changed the itenarary. I agree with the others that it does get the message out GET A PASSPORT!!!! I got mine several years ago and it just makes things go smoother. Rickyb
Old 09-24-2011, 02:42 AM

Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Fanatic View Post
The email actually is a big faux pas. If you look at it, they give an alternative to using a passport. Well, that's not going to work for the Carnival Magic out of Europe or an Alaska cruise where they need it for Canada.
I totally agree. It was not presented well with accurate information for all cruises. I am just assuming here that it went out to everyone in their email database. That could cause them problems if it was. I am thinking at this point most all received one. We here at Cruise Reviews Forums always strongly recommend having a current Passport for all cruises.

Dwayne
Old 09-25-2011, 07:56 AM

That is interesting because I cruised with Carnival four times in the last year and I didn't get any e-mail...I wonder if it is for those cruisers with greater than 10 cruise credits.

Oh well, maybe I will book another trip!

Brad

Old 09-26-2011, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels87 View Post
That is interesting because I cruised with Carnival four times in the last year and I didn't get any e-mail...I wonder if it is for those cruisers with greater than 10 cruise credits.

Oh well, maybe I will book another trip!

Brad
I don't think so. It could have been hit or miss like the Surveys. It sure went out to a lot of people though. I did get an email Survey about the last cruise. Did you? Or more appropriately Didja?

I think it was a case of someone hitting the wrong button. They seem to have been having problems with emails for a good while. There have been a plethora of complaints about not getting Surveys (comment cards) from people. This has been from people that their email addresses were in the system because they get other emails. That is some kinda quirk they need to fix. It seems that I read different reasons all the time. The last I heard before my last cruise was to make certain your email was in the FunPass section. I did, and I got one. It was always there before though.

Dwayne
Old 09-28-2011, 01:08 PM
I got the message and was glad to have it as we have been putting off linking our booking with some friends, making hotel reservations etc. So it pushed us to get things done.

We also decided to stay a couple extra days in Charleston SC to see the city. Any good suggestions? I'll look in the ports section and maybe post a query there also. We were thinking of a city and plantation tour and also Ft Sumter.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post

I think it was a case of someone hitting the wrong button.

Dwayne
If it was someone who hit the wrong button, it could have been much worse.

I used to work for a large corporation, and I noticed a new email "Important Message". As I was reading the message, I was wondering what is going on here, then I realized it was an inappropriate (vulgar) joke. It turns out someone was sending the joke to a friend, but sent it enterprise wide - to everyone on the payroll from the CEO to the mail-room clerk.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseDad View Post
I got the message and was glad to have it as we have been putting off linking our booking with some friends, making hotel reservations etc. So it pushed us to get things done.

We also decided to stay a couple extra days in Charleston SC to see the city. Any good suggestions? I'll look in the ports section and maybe post a query there also. We were thinking of a city and plantation tour and also Ft Sumter.
CruiseDad- You should contact Dwayne.. he lives near Charleston.. he can help you out I am sure.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 09-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Dave, we received the same letter on 09/20/2011, 5 days after our Elation cruise ended!
Incidentally, after our cruise we drove over to the USS Alabama Memorial and took a tour of the USS Drum submarine and then the battleship. We were the only ones in the Drum and Rita could not believe a crew of 70+ lived on this ship!

Fast dancing is the second best form of exercise,
slow dancing leads to the first!

Closed Thread

Tags
2011, al, carnival, cruise, cruises, delay, documents, email, information, lee, line, mobile, norwegian, problems, upcoming