Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 11:25 AM

Smile Back to Back question
I'm booked on the Magic next January, 2 weeks back-to-back. It's the same cabin both weeks. Does anyone know if we can just keep our stuff in there while transitioning from week 1 to week 2? I hate the thought of packing and unpacking just to end up in the same spot.

Never done a back-to-back and I'm soooo looking forward to it.

Any other suggestions for this semi-rookie cruiser would really be appreciated too. (I don't suppose we could use a pop drink pass from one week to the other could we?)

Thanks, in advance, for your input.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Administrator

You leave your stuff in the cabin. The staff will notify you of a meeting place for all back-to-back guests and tell you what you'll need to do such as Customs declarations, etc.. They will guide you through the process and then issue new cruise cards. The onboard purchases are separate for each cruise. They have to close out the books for each cruise.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:22 PM

We did our first B2B last February. It was fun to relax while other people were packing and getting ready to leave! I think you will really enjoy the experience.

Nadine
Old 09-24-2011, 05:30 PM

Thumbs up Thank you
Thank you for the info. I like that answer. I will really look forward to seeing most people pack up while we kick back.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:51 AM

Congrats on your back-to-back cruise!

My family and I did one on Carnival this summer and it was great hearing the final call for all guests to leave the ship while we sat and watched them depart. We truly felt bad for them.

The weird thing was that for about 2.5 hours, we had the entire ship to ourselves! We were the only B2B cruisers and it was wonderful. They opened up the pool and my children absolutely loved it!

Take care and have a wonderful trip.

Brad

Old 09-26-2011, 02:51 AM

Congrats on your B2B Cruise, and Welcome to Cruise Reviews Forums!

Dave explained it perfectly for you. I'll just add that they will lead you off the ship as a group to go through customs and re-board. Usually a smooth and quick process. About the Soda Program, you will have to purchase another one for the next cruise. In theory you could flash your old card with the sticker. That would be un-ethical though and they would know as they'll check the card the first time they serve you. Not saying that is what you had in mind. Just squashing some rumors I read elsewhere.

You asked for some other suggestions for a semi-rookie cruiser. I am sure you will get some.

Have a great time on Carnival Magic, and Welcome Aboard Here,

Dwayne
Old 09-26-2011, 06:02 AM
Administrator

Welcome to cruisereviews! I would love to to a B2B some day. One other suggestion I have, based on the experience of close friends who have, is to remind your cabin steward at the end of the first cruise that you will be onboard for the next sailing. My friends (whose B2B was not on Carnival, btw) came back to their cabin to find that their personal items were removed from the bathroom when it was cleaned. Granted, this is a very rare likelihood, yet a gentle reminder can't hurt.

No, soda cards cannot be used for the second cruise. Yet, you can determine from your usage on the first cruise whether it's worth it to buy one on the second.

While I haven't been on a B2B, I have repeated itineraries on the same ship. We've always found something different to do on those subsequent visits, whether it was onboard (such as dining at a different time on the second than on the first, seeing different forms of entertainment) or onshore. You might even consider staying on board the second round if you revisit a port.

And, as it is, IMO, the passengers who make the cruise, there are definitely some activities worth repeating--such as karaoke and the Legends show, if you are into them.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:39 AM

I agree with Lisa, every cruise is different based on the guests on board. B2B cruises are wonderful. You get to see how the crew and staff react to the different Guests on board. Yet, you are still recognized when you go to the Dining Room, or step up to a Bar in most cases. The crew will know your name even if it has been a year sometimes. Depending on the cruise and Itinerary they basically have the same schedule every week as far as duties go. So it is another Howdy to Guests and getting to know them routine.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
america, back, cabin, carnival, cruise, cruises, holland, it, magic, program, reviews, soda, tips, unpack, worth