Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Default Carnival set to unveil major news on Monday
The travel press is awaiting an announcement from Carnival tomorrow afternoon regarding new features added to Carnival Liberty during it's overhaul. Seatrade reports the news is about entertainment-related features, and Carnival management is also saying "other surprises" will be announced.

Senior Cruise Director John Heald has been teasing his followers about this, and also hints at some "well-known personalities" being in attendance.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:01 PM

Ok I get it! some sort of announcement about the upgrade of a cruise ship. John has been blogging about it, Carnival is mum about it.
I think it is just a waste of good advertising dollars, It wont make me chose or not chose this ship. I think it is much to do about nothing. I remember last yr Carnival had a new and exciting announcement... it was a sale, lol I think this may fall in the same catagory
Old 10-02-2011, 05:45 PM

Thanks for the FYI Dave. We are booked on the Liberty and looking forward to hear what the news is.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-03-2011, 01:58 PM

Well unlike previous "big announcement" teases, this one is actually a big announcement. Aside from refurbishing The Liberty with updates like the Serenity Deck, HiDef SeaSide theater and a Blue Iguana bar/Mexican food restaurant pool side, Carnival has announced some big ticket items. The biggest being George Lopez becoming the comedy club "manager" if you will with George finding the talent and running the venue across the ships. ALso Guy Fieri is coming to Carnival and opening Guy's Burger Bar's (starting on Liberty) that feature Guy's burgers and onion rings (no extra fee). The sports bars are becoming EA Sports bars with their gaming. And they have signed an agreement with Hasbro to provide some form of game shows (with prizes). It sounded like these updates will migrate through out the fleet (much like the Serenity deck concept did) over time.

At least they are trying to keep the product fresh and entertaining.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 10-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Here is the Press Release.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:55 PM

I am really excited about these new initiatives. Carnival has always been fun, but this takes it to a new level. Can't wait to try the Guy burgers!

I had a hunch about the Red Frog venue. I thought it would be a Pub like on the Magic. I was surprised it was a new venue type with the same name branding. I am also happy they are not charging an extra fee for the new food venues. I can eat my weight in tacos and burritos.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
annoucment, announce, announcement, announcements, carnival, cruise, cruse, line, lines, monday, news, press, ship, ships, tomorrow