Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 08:48 AM

I still think this man is overreacting, I think he wants something for nothing. I think a few things happened but its part of life, get over it and move on. I have been on 12 cruises, we have had a few things go wrong but never enough to complain about. we had a toilet over flow, within 2 mins they were there cleaning it up...no need to complain, it happens, cussing by a crew member working with kids, should not have happened, but I am sure they have heard worse on t v. I just think he is starting a bandwagon and trying to get people on board.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:47 PM

We took one Carnival Cruise (Sensation)...and that was enough. The only redeeming part of the cruise was the MDR food...it was pretty good. The cruise director was rude and obnoxious...during a scavenger hunt, he got so mad at a guest that he threw a bucket of water at her.

The only way to describe the ship was psychedelic...purple & yellow on floors & walls. No fine art anywhere (we enjoy roaming RCCL hallways & staircases and reading about the original artwork).

Needless to say, we would never take another Carnival cruise.
Carnival Sensation 2002
Explorer 2003
Explorer 2004
Adventure 2005
Freedom 2006
Vision 2007
Jewel 2008
Liberty B2B 2009
Solstice B2B 2010

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-13-2011, 05:50 PM

Thumbs down Should have never booked carnival~
We booked my parents a cruise for their 50th anniversary and they left today. ...Cruise was delayed 7 hours, boat smells funny and my mom is getting sick from it, dad's been in the bathroom for hours after eating at their buffet and they have bars everywhere on the ship...too much of a party ship for my parents. They went on a Norwegian Cruise before and absolultely loved it. This one is the Conquest out of New Orleans. Never again!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:27 PM
It probably left late because of weather.. Its funny.. I have been on 16 cruises, 13 on carnival,, the worse I have been on was Norwegian, but it had some good things about it,, This boo hoo thread needs to be deleted.. If you hate carnival fine, you might be the 5% who do,, We love Carnival and we are not partiers we are not heavy drinkers we WONT FUN!! not some stuck up, BORING! Cruiseline!! Your parents were GETTING SICK way before they got on the cruise or maybe they get SEA SICK.. Buffet.. Never been sick,, Carnival follows strict food regulations just like everyone else.. There score is at 98..

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Administrator

FabulousCity, give it time. Embarkation day can be chaotic, and it is certainly disappointing, and even frustrating, when things don't go as planned. And, one disappointment often leads to finding disappointment in everything else. The first day is just that -- the first day (a partial day, technically). I hope things get better for them and they enjoy their anniversary cruise!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:09 AM

All the ships out of New Orleans left late this weekend. I don't know why, but it was rumored that they cut back on customs agents. I do hope they have a good anniversary, but starting it out by condeming the ship for something it probably had no control over is not a good sign. There are many reasons for late departures such as, passengers that booked air through the cruise line were delayed, there were problems at the port, not enough stevedores, not enough agents, delayed paper work, weather, etc.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl74 View Post
We took one Carnival Cruise (Sensation)...and that was enough. The only redeeming part of the cruise was the MDR food...it was pretty good. The cruise director was rude and obnoxious...during a scavenger hunt, he got so mad at a guest that he threw a bucket of water at her.

The only way to describe the ship was psychedelic...purple & yellow on floors & walls. No fine art anywhere (we enjoy roaming RCCL hallways & staircases and reading about the original artwork).

Needless to say, we would never take another Carnival cruise.
JerseyGirl174, It is not uncommon for cruise directors to recruit passengers to play pranks. I don't think I'm revealing anything to the old timers. It is quite likely the water was pre planned and the guest was in on it. John Held is famous for that, his "bedtime story" is hilarious but is all preplanned with the guests. It is all for FUN. Most stuff is just part of the show.

Closed Thread

Tags
camp, carnival, carnivaled, cruise, dont, form, fun, leak, pages, reviews, sensation, sewage, sewer, times, triumph