Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 04:49 PM

Smile Carnival dream next saturday!
How is the carnival dream? I will admit, this is my first time on carnival after cruising only on Royal Carribbean(monarch, mariner, and freedom x2), so I am nervous because I have seen completely mixed reviews!

Also who is the cruise director? After having richard spacey two years ago on the freedom, I quickly learned that the cruise director is a HUGE part of having a great time on a cruise!!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Congratulations on your upcoming cruise! I don't know the answer to your questions about the CD. However, I can assure you that mixed reviews are no reason for concern. Everyone has different expectations when it comes to a cruise. One story I often tell is that had I listened to most of the reviews of a specific ship and changed my mind about booking, I would have missed out on what ultimately became a favorite ship and cruise.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:33 PM

You will enjoy the dream, It is a big ship, but lots of fun. I alway thought that enjoying a cruise or a certain ship is all about attitude. Ignore everyone elses reviews go with an open mind and enjoy the cruise.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Default Bokeller
Same boat...we just did Dream last late August after being loyal to Royal. Bottom line....we had a blast. Butch was our cruise Director but he has a whole team helping him out....you will soon find out. Dream was a great ship ...the layout is kind of wierd but you will figure it out. Take my advice...participate in all of the "Team" events that you can. It was a really great time for our whole family. The food was good and the service was top notch. Make sure you make the show "dancing in the streets" it was really great. Suggestions...avoid the buffet at peak hours....eat in the restaurants for breakfast....participate in the events!!! Excited for you...please leave a review!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:50 AM

Congratulations on your Dream cruise! Most all ships get mixed reviews. I have read some really wonderful reviews of the Carnival Dream. In all honesty the most common negative I have read is that the lines at the food venues can be long. That can be avoided by not going at peak times. The shows have received many rave reviews. Butch Begovich is scheduled as Cruise Director that week. Have a wonderful cruise!

Bon Voyage!

Dwayne
Old 10-07-2011, 12:17 PM

Hope I'm not too late to offer advise... On embarkation day, they have lunch service in the midships dinning room. I suggest you go there instead of the buffer once on board. It is much less crowded than the buffet and they serve you instead of you having to stand in line.

You'll love the Dream. She is a great ship. You will probably realize that RCCL and CCL offer very similar products. The biggest difference you will notice will be the ship layouts. Where RCCL ships have the big open promenade decks in the middle of the ship, Carnival ships have the main walking areas along the outside of the ship with either dinning facilities or cabins in the middle.

Have a great cruise!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 10-09-2011, 06:29 AM

Congratulations on your upcoming cruise. I have now cruised almost equally on Royal Caribbean and Carnival and it is difficult to pick a favorite. They have so many similarities that after a few days, you may actually get confused on which line you are on!

If most reviews of a particular ship were bad, I might pay some credence to them, but if there are mixed reviews, I wouldn't worry about it.

Take care and have a great time!

Brad

Closed Thread

Tags
2011, begovich, butch, carnival, cruise, director, dream, koulis, leaving, october, plastic, reviews, richard, spacey, surgeon