Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 02:51 PM

Default Carnival pride ot of Bal 11/26
I have cruised before and was wondering what is there to do in Canaveral? I guess my question boils down to this, is the beach at the terminal nice enough to just relax on for the day? Or should you do a rental car and hit another beach? Usually we like the private beaches as there is drinks and food, I mean heh we are on vacation.. any suggestions on food, drink, beach excursions in Nassau and Freeport is welcomed. We have done Royal Caribbean (out of Baltimore) and though the boat is older (Enchantment of the Seas shows some rust) but the crew was friendly and the vacation enjoyable, the option was to do the same cruise again and we booked Pride as we frankly hate flying and the airport hassle, Baltimore is a very nice port compared to Miami where we did Norwegian Jewel for a week. We're 50 and more focused on having a good time than obsessing on what could have been better, yada yada.. and frankly didn't immediately take to cruising as I felt I was being hustled or manipulated by an active activity director on an intercom the first time around.. out of Miami Don't need a chocolate night but where is the best beach locations? I will find something to eat and won't starve and don't demand my butt kissed by the staff, what is the beach that has drinks, food, chairs, and the best sun and sand???

I read the bad post and commiserate with a bad experience I have done some all inclusives: Barcello and Iberostar are good bets if cruising was a disappointment though avoid Dominican Republic as the water even at the discounted $ isn't worth the Garridia. I can vouch for Royal Caribbean being a value for your money out of Baltimore. But at the end of the day sometimes its a "state of mind" to enjoy yourself or not.

Suggestions comments welcomed, best beach on that itinerary?
Old 10-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Cocoa Beach is pleasant, and it is 'right there' at Port Canaveral. There is a Best Western and a La Quinta at the beach pier. I also recommend staying at the Radisson Resort At The Port which has a very nice pool and accommodations, including shuttle to the ship.

I am not a huge fan of either Nassau or Freeport. In fact I don't recall any all-inclusive beaches there, but they likely exist and I just don't know about them.

You'll like the the Carnival Pride. It is the best class of ship they have.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:52 PM

Thanks for the reply.

We are really looking forward to the week away. I'm reading about the area you suggested and think we will give that a try. As much as I have heard people complain about cruises I have never seen somebody want to get off the boat a day early.... I'm sure we will enjoy the trip.

If the cruise is radically different from Royal Carribean or Norwegian I would say so.. but I think that you have to accept the fact that your not in entirely in control on a cruise like you are at home, that you have to share the boat, and finally once on board have few options.

Again and honestly the first time I cruised I focused on the restrictions and the policies of the event until I had unwind-ed from the flight and packing and the job back and home and just relaxed and decided to enjoy it.

By the time I hit Cocoa Cay I wish we were starting all over again, bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at the office~
Old 10-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Administrator

I think you will find that Carnival, NCL, and RCI are more alike than they are different. Really. I sometimes think if you removed the logos from the ships people couldn't tell them apart as far as the cruise experience. Unless you get into specific ships, where there is no comparison when looking at the newest ships from all three of the lines I mentioned.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:23 PM

Default How was it??
How was the Pride? I have been on 2 CCL cruises, in Feb 2012 will be my 3rd. My biggest question is how was the weather when you left B'more?

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
2011, activities, bal, carnival, consumer, cruise, director, dominican, itinerary, jewel, nice, norweign, october, pride, reviews