Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 08:18 PM

Cool Carnival Legend-1/29/2012
This is my first cruise and I'm not really sure what to expect. My husband and I are not really adventurous, we are both looking to just relax. This is my first vacation from work in about 3 years so I want to have a good time and just be lazy for a week . I have a very general idea of cruising just from word of mouth but I really don't know how much I should set aside for the cruise. We definitely want to do a couples massage and I might do one or two spa services (mani/pedi). We are big soda drinkers, and we like to enjoy alcohol every once in a while but we don't drink a whole lot. Any advice would help a lot, especially in the money department! We want to have a nice relaxing vacation, maybe catch a few shows but we don't want to break the bank!
Old 10-23-2011, 03:56 AM

Welcome to the forums!

How much you will spend can vary greatly based on how much you drink alcoholic beverages and how interested you are in buying photos, etc. For the couples massage and two other nail type services, I would count on spending around $500 (including tip). The average bottle of wine is about $30, beer is about $5-7 a piece, depending on what you are buying and mixed drinks are around $7-8. These are very rough estimates, but shouldn't be too far off.

My wife and I have been on many 7-day cruises together and on average, for the two of us, our final bill is usually around $900-$1,500. Now, keep in mind that we do drink quite a bit of wine and aren't afraid to buy a few photos or utilize the spa. You also need to consider how much money you will be spending while in port. Taxi fares, excursions, etc. can add up quickly as well. In addition to our cruise-ship bill, we will generally spend about $1,000 while in port. Please keep in mind that this isn't required at all, and that figure includes a bit of shopping for my wife.

The bottom line is how much you spend is entirely up to you. You could go on a 7-day cruise and spend only a few hundred dollars, or spend thousands!

Again, this is just my opinion and I'm sure that other folks will have better/more specific information for you, so check back frequently.

Have a great cruise!

Brad

Last edited by Wheels87; 10-23-2011 at 03:59 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
10232011, 1292012, 2011, 2012, call, carnival, carnvial, cruise, drinks, legend, pictures, reviews, roll, ships, spa, spend