Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 01:05 PM

Default Ship Departure status
Our friends just got back from a cruise on the Ecstasy. The weather was very windy and the ship was something like 5 - 7 hours late leaving the port. (the ship was late coming back and then it had to be cleaned and loaded etc - which caused the delay). They had no idea the ship was going to be delayed.

We are leaving in two weeks on the Miracle. I was just wondering if there is any place to look to see if departures are on time? (like the airports have).
Old 11-17-2011, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Beach View Post
Our friends just got back from a cruise on the Ecstasy. The weather was very windy and the ship was something like 5 - 7 hours late leaving the port. (the ship was late coming back and then it had to be cleaned and loaded etc - which caused the delay). They had no idea the ship was going to be delayed.

We are leaving in two weeks on the Miracle. I was just wondering if there is any place to look to see if departures are on time? (like the airports have).
I don't know of any such place except the company's web site. In many cases the changes are caused by weather issues. It has been my experience that they will call if there is a delay for boarding, and/or email you. This happened this past May when the Fantasy was late arriving in Charleston due to a storm on her way back from Bermuda. Parking and Boarding were delayed until 1:30 PM to start. They called to let me know.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:25 AM
Administrator

Hi Van Beach. I have a friend who was on the very cruise you mentioned. He received an email that morning to let them know of the revised boarding time. So, I'd be sure to have access to the email address I gave them, if not the phone. Significant delays are posted on the Web site.

It would be great if we could register for updates like we do with the airlines. Whenever I check in for a flight, I scroll down to an area in which I sign up for flight alerts via text messaging. It can be kind of funny after I land...as I turn on the cell phone and have several messages, some of which inform of repeated gate changes while we were in the air!

Wishing you a FABULOUS cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
0308, beach, carnival, cruise, departure, departures, flight, leaving, line, messaging, myrtle, ship, status, text, time