Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2004, 07:49 PM

Exactly how strict is carnival with a passenger not having their "actual" birth certificate?

Will they not let u on the ship with a birth certificate that does not have a raised seal?

I would appreciate all help
Old 09-02-2004, 07:49 PM

Exactly how strict is carnival with a passenger not having their "actual" birth certificate?

Will they not let u on the ship with a birth certificate that does not have a raised seal?

I would appreciate all help
Old 09-02-2004, 09:16 PM

Bobby, with today's security climate, the cruise lines are being more strict than before, and all their documentation indicates that it is your responsibility to make sure you have the proper forms of identification. In addition to a govt-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license),you need to have either an original or a certified copy of a government-issued birth certificate - not one from a hospital, etc. Sometimes these do not have raised seals, though they meet the official requirements otherwise (I had a client with an original w/o raised seal). If that is the case with yours, the cruise line employees should be able to accept it, though some may question it (as they did my client). Should you have an original b.c. that doesn't happen to have a raised seal, and the agent checking you in is not inclined to accept it, be sure to ask (politely) to speak with a supervisor.

If you have at least a couple months until you cruise, I recommend that you apply for a passport. Valid passports are much simpler to deal with, as you only need to carry one form of ID instead of two (i.e. birth certificate and govt-issued photo ID, such as a license.)
Old 09-02-2004, 09:19 PM

High Bobby, if you can possibly go and get a passport, I would highly recommend that. I was on Carnival Legend last April, our passports had expried and I did not get them renewed before I left, (first time traveling without passports) I had to bring all "original" birth certificates for me, husband, and kids, also, they "Carnival" had told me to bring my "original" marrige certificate being that all my documents where issued in my married name, and it did not match my birth cert. I did bring all originals and everyone was looked at, and it took so much longer when checking in. I would certainly call Carnival so that you have no problem when you get to the ship. Needless to say, when I got back from that cruise, I went and renewed our passports and getting on this past cruise was a "piece of cake". But please do make sure you call Carnival directly, not your TA, they will tell you what documents they will accept. I hope this feedback was helpful. If I can help with any other questions, I will be more than happy to. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise. Sue
RCCI Majesty of the Seas '95
RCCI Monarch of the Seas '93
RCCI Sovereign of the Seas '90
Old 09-12-2004, 05:42 AM

Jevmas; Carnival gave you bad advise you can use a passport for like 10 years past its expiration date for identification. and of course my wifes birth certificate does not match the name on my wifes drivers license and we have never got questioned and this will be cruise #7. I think you got ahold of someone who doesnt have a clue of what they are talking about.
Ecstasy ~ 04/03
Norwegian Sky ~ 09/03
Splendour of the Seas ~ 04/04
Rhapsody of the Seas ~ 10/04

Countdown to the Carnival Conquest

Closed Thread

Tags
accept, accepts, actual, birth, birthcertificate, carnival, certificate, certificates, check, checking, cruise, id, lines, match, passports, type