Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2005, 11:58 AM

First time cruiser here and it is my understanding that pretty much everything is free on the cruise unless of course you want drinks (soda alcohol) or want to gamble. Is this correct? Food is all free? I am also bringing my 13 month old daughter and wanted to know about the daycare facility there. Any help would be great, thanks in advance!

Teripiscesteri21@aol.com
Old 02-09-2005, 11:58 AM

First time cruiser here and it is my understanding that pretty much everything is free on the cruise unless of course you want drinks (soda alcohol) or want to gamble. Is this correct? Food is all free? I am also bringing my 13 month old daughter and wanted to know about the daycare facility there. Any help would be great, thanks in advance!

Teripiscesteri21@aol.com
Old 02-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Banned

Technically nothing is free. It was paid for in your cruise package. All food is included except for specialty restaurants and some special packages that include caviar etc. There is a charge for alcohol, and soft drinks. Coffee, tea and tap water is included. Beware that there are some special coffee drinks that you will be charged for. Entertainment is included. Shore excursions, massages, beauty saloon, and pictures are not. As for your daughter I think you will be charged for baby sitting if you request it. I don't know about any programs for kids that young because we have never needed it.

Also be prepared to be charged $10 per day per person for services by the waiter staff and room steward. Your bill at the end of a 7 day cruise will have $210 for this.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:51 AM

RIDGID, Thank you so much for responding. This sounds like we will have a blast, and I really thought that the food and such would be extra. Thanks again!
Old 02-10-2005, 08:46 AM

Teri, just wanted to add that with regards to tipping, RIDGID is right that you will be billed $10.00 per person PER DAY! Children under 2 years of age are not required to tip (you can find this info on Carnival's website), so for your cruise (The Paradise on Feb 21 is a 4-day sailing), if you are 2 adults and a 13-month old child, your tip total will be only $80.00 and NOT $210.00 as mentioned by Ridgid.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:11 AM

Thanks Bill!
Old 02-10-2005, 01:12 PM

You are welcome, Teri. Btw, on the Paradise, you need not worry about having to pay extra for "premium/specialty restaurants", they don't have one! LOL but true. Also, if you like Sushi, get to the Sushi Bar at 5.30pm sharp and enjoy their nice selection of freshly-rolled sushi, no extra charge for those. Enjoy your trip.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, cruise, paradise