Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 06:44 PM

Default Cpap Machine on the Liberty
Ok This my 7th cruise but my first having to use a cpap machine. I can't remember if their is a electrical receptor near the bed. Does anyone know what I need for the machine?
Old 12-06-2011, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatzwaa View Post
Ok This my 7th cruise but my first having to use a cpap machine. I can't remember if their is a electrical receptor near the bed. Does anyone know what I need for the machine?
The electrical outlet is near the desk. Most folks take an extension cord to be sure there is enough length for the connection. Now a word about this, if you take an extension cord make sure it is in good condition. No wear or fraying. Also would be a good idea to attach or pack a note with it stating for Medical Purposes. Probably best to carry it on.

Dwayne
Old 12-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Administrator

My husband uses a CPAP. He carries it onboard in its bag, with an extension cord inside. As Dwayne mentioned, be sure that the extension cord is in good condition. Also be prepared to remove the CPAP from its bag for a secondary security examination. Doesn't happen all the time, but more often than not in our experience.

Some cruise lines will provide distilled water (for a fee) if requested far enough in advance. This is done through the Special Needs department. We've found it easier to just bring it onboard ourselves. It will need to be in your carry-on when you board the ship. If you are also flying, put the bottle in checked luggage, then move it to your carry-on when you retrieve your luggage after your flight. We always bring a new, sealed bottle so that it's not mistaken for something else.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaP View Post
My husband uses a CPAP. He carries it onboard in its bag, with an extension cord inside. As Dwayne mentioned, be sure that the extension cord is in good condition. Also be prepared to remove the CPAP from its bag for a secondary security examination. Doesn't happen all the time, but more often than not in our experience.

Some cruise lines will provide distilled water (for a fee) if requested far enough in advance. This is done through the Special Needs department. We've found it easier to just bring it onboard ourselves. It will need to be in your carry-on when you board the ship. If you are also flying, put the bottle in checked luggage, then move it to your carry-on when you retrieve your luggage after your flight. We always bring a new, sealed bottle so that it's not mistaken for something else.
So I wasn't going crazy I only remembered the outlet on the desk. This whole new way of life is a pain but at least my wife is getting a good night sleep.

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Talking
My wife brings a CPAP on board all of our cruises....Holland America and Princess will supply a gallon of distilled water for FREE..just part of their service....I would imagine Carnival would too....Have a smashing good cruise....

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
caribean, carnival, cord, cpap, cruise, distilled, electricity, extension, humidifier, kind, liberty, machine, ship, sleeping, water