Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 09:41 PM

Default Carnival Paradise - Insider tips?
Greetings!

I'm sailing on the Dec 31st cruise to Cozumel and Grand Cayman on the Carnival Paradise. I've cruised many times on RCCL, NCL, and Carnival, but never on this ship. We are a 30-40 couple seeking a much needed quiet vacation to regenerate. Of course, we love to party, but we would like the option to join the party as opposed to the party being imposed on us. This trip is a quick, cheap getaway and while I appreciate the finer things in life, am under the philosophy that because of the value of this cruise; if I don't have a good time, it is my own fault. My expectations are very low, therefore, I can not be disappointed.

That being said, I'm interested in learning the insider tips and strategies that every ship has in adding to the enjoyment of the experience. For example; is there an adults only secret hideaway on the ship? Is there a best table in the dining room that we should try to ask for? Any specific waiter we might attempt to request by name? Is there a particularly great seat to enjoy the shows from in the theater? Any other types of tips would be greatly appreciated. I've attempted to scour the Paradise reviews without much luck.

Thanks!
Hmwende
Old 12-27-2011, 06:28 AM

Well, You are sailing on one of the biggest holidays where people like to party and celebrate. Shorter, cheap cruises will draw a different crowd even on other cruise lines, not just Carnival. I hardly think you'll have a problem though being in your 30-40's. The Paradise does have the Adults Only Serenity area. Everyone wants to hang out right around the pool where the action is. If you move to higher decks away from the pool and toward the front of the ship you may find quieter spots.

Closed Thread

Tags
2009, carnival, cruise, cruises, enjoy, forum, grand, insider, lines, paradise, prapdise, princess, review, tip, tips