Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 01:32 PM

Smile Carnival Legend
I just booked a cruise on the Carnival Legend for June 10, 2012 and now I'm seeing a lot of negitive reviews on it..... Has anyone been on the ship lately that can tell me about it? Also any ideas for shore excursions? I will be traveling with my husband and 18 year old son.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Welcome to Cruise Reviews!

Don't worry about negative reviews. People are more likely to post a negative one than a positive one, and often the people with the negative reviews have an ax to grind over some minor problem that stuck in their craw and they want to get even.

I have not been on the Carnival Legend recently but it is one of my favorite ships. Focus on having a good time and you will be fine. Nothing is going to be 100% perfect.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:45 AM

We were on the Legend in December 2010. It was our first cruise and we had no idea what to expect. It was the best vacation we ever took (and we have been to resorts, condos, etc). The ship was in good condition. We had great service. The Superstar Karaoke was excellent. We loved the cruise so much that we just went on another one on the Miracle - that was an aweseom trip.

What are some of your concerns? Where will you be going? Maybe I can help.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:34 AM

we are doing the Western Caribbean in Mid March, is that the one you did on Legend? What did you love, avoid, etc?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:52 AM

Default Legend
We went to Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. The ship was great. It is decorated kinda funky but it was in really great shape and clean. The food was really good. The evening meals at the buffet were just as good as the dining room. The service was excellant. I can't think of anything about the ship that we did not like.

Grand Cayman - it was too windy to port on the island so we had to be tendered in. We went to a beach called Tiki Beach. It was nice. We had been to the island before so we just wanted to lay on the beach and soak up the sun. We did not get to do any shopping because we were too far away from the town area.

Isla Roatan - we went ziplining. We had never done that before. It was really fun and we would go again. I can't remember the name of the place but I could look it up for you if you are interested. It was not through Carnival. After ziplining we went to a resort where we layed ont he beach and had a few drinks. It was really nice - looked very new. The beach was great. The port is very nice and new.

Belize - we did the cave tubing. We did not book this through Carnival but we should have. It is a very long drive to the river. We were on a very old bus and I seriously wondered if a tire was going to fall off before we got there. The river was very busy. The inner tubes are very uncomfortable. We were late getting off the river and I was not sure if we were going to make it back to the ship. I would not do this excursion again, but if you want to try it I would definitely book it through Carnival. Did not get to even check out the port because we were running short on time.

Cozumel - loved this port. Lots of fun and quite the party atmosphere. We swam with the dolphins and I would highly recommend it if you have never done it before. It was a short drive to the dolphins so we were back to the ship with enough time to clean up, change clothes and go back out to the shops and restaurants/bars. We booked this through Carnival. Very fun.

We really enjoyed the superstar karaoke and went to that every time it was held. There were some really amazing singers on our ship. We went to all the shows and they were very good. The comedians were good too. We were on the Miracle this past December and the entertainment was not as good as the Legend's but I did win at bingo on the Miracle!!

The Legend was our first cruise and we liked it so much that we booked our second cruise before getting off the ship - so that says something about the Legend and Carnival. We are in the process of planning our third cruise in 2013.

Hope this helps.

Sara
Old 02-20-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC View Post
I just booked a cruise on the Carnival Legend for June 10, 2012 and now I'm seeing a lot of negitive reviews on it..... Has anyone been on the ship lately that can tell me about it? Also any ideas for shore excursions? I will be traveling with my husband and 18 year old son.
I live in Tampa and took the Legend already and it was GREAT, we loved it so much that we almost did it again and probably will but we have been hitting other ones. Think positive and have a good time, we really enjoyed the zip lining in Honduras and we did pail-sailing in Mexico, string rays in Grand Cayman....hung over in Belize.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:08 PM
We just got off the Legend in February...Best cruise I ever had!
Papa
Old 03-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Happy to hear you had a great cruise, papa58!

The Spirit-class ships are my favorites.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Thanks Dave...The Legend is a beautiful ship and the easiest one to get around. That was our 6th cruise, all with Carnival. We have been on several classes of ships, but this one tops my list.
Note: I have had difficulty posting since my cruise. Has the site been having any posting problems?

Papa
Old 03-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa58 View Post
I have had difficulty posting since my cruise. Has the site been having any posting problems?

Papa
Not that I am aware of. Everything is working fine from my perspective. What type of problems have you experienced?

Tags
061012, 10, 2012, bad, carnial, carnival, cruise, expect, forums, june, legend, posts, review, reviews, ship