Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 10:20 PM

Default elegant night
does anyone know how meny elegant night dining there are on a 6 day cruise? we are leaving on the 29th and I need to know how to pack
Old 01-08-2012, 10:52 PM

On the six day cruises there are two Cruise Elegant nights. The five day cruises are now just one.

Dwayne
Old 01-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Just got back from 5 days on the Fantasy. 1 elegant night and I was pleased to see many people dressed elegant. I chose to go with Tuxedo as my wife suggested that over the Kilt. However I saw 2 other kilts and the singer is Scottish and is waiting for his to be delivered. i would have been in good company in my Full Battle Array.

more on the cruise later.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:58 PM

the last 2 cruises I have been on, it did appear that more people were dressed up then just dressy. Whenever we cruise with 2 elegant nights we are not as formal the 2nd night as the 1st but still dressy.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseDad View Post
Just got back from 5 days on the Fantasy. 1 elegant night and I was pleased to see many people dressed elegant. I chose to go with Tuxedo as my wife suggested that over the Kilt. However I saw 2 other kilts and the singer is Scottish and is waiting for his to be delivered. i would have been in good company in my Full Battle Array.

Welcome Back CruiseDad !!

Hope you had a great cruise visiting the daughter and son in law. As you know I have cruised on the Fantasy many times out of Charleston. The same has been my observation as well. People dress quite nicely on Cruise Elegant night. I read all these reports of people wearing unacceptable clothing to the Cruise Elegant Dinner on other ships. I never see that on the Fantasy. People dress up and have photos taken.

Dwayne
Old 01-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Welcome Back CruiseDad !!

Hope you had a great cruise visiting the daughter and son in law. As you know I have cruised on the Fantasy many times out of Charleston. The same has been my observation as well. People dress quite nicely on Cruise Elegant night. I read all these reports of people wearing unacceptable clothing to the Cruise Elegant Dinner on other ships. I never see that on the Fantasy. People dress up and have photos taken.

Dwayne
We had one Photographer that seemed even better at posing than what we have had before. Actually bought a photo. He had me lean a little into the portrait. My B&W blended into the balck background with my Tux but the color of the same shot was quite nice. I may even use it in the Family Albumn we are putting up. Unfortunately nearly every photo of my wife had a shine on her face, and not a good one. I think that may be more our makeup problem. Something to learn for next time
Old 01-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseDad View Post

Hi Cruise Dad. I used to wear a kilt myself. I served 6 1/2 years in the Canadian Army Reserves - in a Highland Regiment. Our dress uniform was the Standard Canadian Forces Tan (Summer) or Green (Winter) Dress Jacket with the Mackenzie tartan kilt. Only the pipes and drums would be dressed in the "Full Highland Battle Array".

Take good care of your kilt and your grandchildren will inherit it. The one I was issued back in 1989 had been in my regiment since 1935.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:39 PM

Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmom111 View Post
does anyone know how meny elegant night dining there are on a 6 day cruise? we are leaving on the 29th and I need to know how to pack

HI Macmom... there are usually 2 formal night... you will see everything from nice go to church clothes to elegant gowns.... I usually take a nice pair of black slacks, strappy sandles and a few sequins blouses and dress it up with some sparkle.. and that works fine! Enjoy!

Last edited by rich&de; 01-14-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Tags
2012, carnival, cruise, cruises, day, dining, dress, elegant, fantasy, night, nights, photos, pic, pictures, post