Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 10:11 PM

Default Two cabins and flight for four people?
I was wondering if you could book two cabins together and a flight, but i dont want to book the cabins separately and get the flight from the cruise line because I want to make sure the four of us are on the same plane. So how can I book two rooms for a total of four people, two in each room: 2 adults and 2 teens AND a flight for the four of us ?
Old 02-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezzy96 View Post
I was wondering if you could book two cabins together and a flight, but i dont want to book the cabins separately and get the flight from the cruise line because I want to make sure the four of us are on the same plane. So how can I book two rooms for a total of four people, two in each room: 2 adults and 2 teens AND a flight for the four of us ?
Hi Ezzy96 I have done that myself quite a few times.

I have been on 3 cruises where we brought our in-laws with us. All 3 times, I called Carnival directly and one of their reservations agents specifically booked the required rooms as per my request (connecting/across the hall/side-by side). One of the times they changed their mind after the fact and came with us after telling us they could not. Carnival was able to change my room to a different part of the ship that had an available room beside us.

As for the air, I like to book them myself, and book the cruise after I have found the flights that I want. I usually fly down the day before, and find that with the cost of a hotel and taxi to the pier, most times it is cheaper to do it yourself.

If you chose to purchase air through the cruise line you would need to tell them that the 2 cabins are a family and "MUST BE ON THE SAME FLIGHT"
Old 02-12-2012, 05:04 PM

Call Carnival directly and speak to a personal vacation planner.

Last edited by Dave; 02-12-2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Edit to remove promotional endorsement for a specific PVP.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:16 PM

I would just book the staterooms, either with the cruise line, or a travel agent. Then do your research on the airfare. All of my previous cruises, my stateroom and airfare were booked separately, as the airfare was cheaper through the airline directly and not through the cruise line.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 02-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich&de View Post
Call Carnival directly and speak to a personal vacation planner.
I agree with rich&de for certain. Carnival does a good job when keeping family and friends together. Call a Carnval agent and ask to link the two cruising booking numbers together. You can even do this after you have booked the rooms separately.

One cruise my sister booked flight and curise together and Carnival booked her a day early Carnival including a hotel. I think this is unusual. But then her transportation to the hotel got messed up. My wife and I had already arrived at the Hotel and I called Carnival and they transfered me to Family Services. When I explained what happend they arranged transport very quickly to get her to the hotel. It was what was called a "Nice Recovery"

I also like to book air separate and go a day early.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:38 AM
Administrator

Linking the two numbers is also important for dining, if you opt for traditional (scheduled times) dining. Most travel agents can do this, whether you're using Carnival directly or going through an independent TA.

As for us, we book our airfare separately for several reasons, one of which is ensuring that we're on the same flights in adjacent seats.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:39 PM

thanks for the help guys! : ) i have another question tho... so the cruise i want to go on is suppose to be back in port at 8am so do you have to disembark at that time ? like how long after the ship is in port before you have to leave the ship

Tags
book, booking, cabins, carnival, cruise, enchantment, family, fro, peiple, people, person, room, rooms, separate, staterooms