Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 12:20 PM

Smile Some Question about Carnival Splendor
I did some of the research and planning to onboard with my gf in May 20 for 7 days. I want to find some exactly answers

1. If I choose the "FunSaver" and go for balcony room. Is there any chance to get obstructed view in this catalog. I don't really want to mess up with the room which they offer in Balcony Room and save some $ for other activities.

2. Is there any chance and get refund 100% if I cancel the booking before 1 week onboard? The reason is my gf will arrive LA from Hong Kong in May 19. It is quite rush about this matter but asking in case if the flight is delay somehow. "Touch wood".

3. Is it good to apply for the Carnival Credit Card to get $50 discount off?

This is my first time cruise in L.A. Anymore tips you guys can provide. I am appreciate that!

Thank you so much!
Old 03-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Administrator

1. FunSaver guarantees you a category and that could include a balcony with an obstructed view. However, my experience is that any obstructions are usually minimal and do not detract from using the balcony or seeing out.

2. The cruise contract stipulates that any cancellations within 14 days of the cruise result in the total loss of your cruise fare. They are not going to waive this, especially for flights arriving on the day prior to the cruise.

3. The Carnival affinity credit card is not considered a good deal these days. Hardly worth the $50 discount.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:39 PM

You will not have any blocked view with a balcony on the Splendor. The Fun Saver rate is a refundable rate. However; once within final payment you are under cancellation penalties. Cancelling at 14 days or less you would lose 100%. It is always advisable to get cancellation insurance.

Personally, I wouldn't get the credit card.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
1. FunSaver guarantees you a category and that could include a balcony with an obstructed view. However, my experience is that any obstructions are usually minimal and do not detract from using the balcony or seeing out.
For this matter, I did some research and found out that there is no obstructive view in all balcony level room for Splendor . Thanks for your experience!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Fanatic View Post
You will not have any blocked view with a balcony on the Splendor. The Fun Saver rate is a refundable rate. However; once within final payment you are under cancellation penalties. Cancelling at 14 days or less you would lose 100%. It is always advisable to get cancellation insurance.

Personally, I wouldn't get the credit card.
Got you! Jut make sure and pray for the flight is on schedule. lol. Any more tips about that cruise?
Old 03-05-2012, 03:54 PM

The Splendor is a very large ship and has many different food venues. The first day of the cruise get a deck plan from the Guest relations deck and tour the whole ship so you know where all the dining options are located. Some people never realize there is a Rotisserie up on deck 10 or the wonderful deli far aft on the Lido deck. During lunch many people stop at the first food stations out by the pool or just inside the Lido restaurant. Go further inside the Lido restaurant and you'll find a Burrito bar and Mongolian and other choices too.

Everyday you'll receive a "Fun Times" in your cabin. This is the schedule that has all the events on the ship and when/where they are happening. Sit down and read it carefully so you don't miss something you might want to do. Some people even light to take a highlighter and highlight the events important to you. You won't be able to do it all.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Fanatic View Post
The Splendor is a very large ship and has many different food venues. The first day of the cruise get a deck plan from the Guest relations deck and tour the whole ship so you know where all the dining options are located. Some people never realize there is a Rotisserie up on deck 10 or the wonderful deli far aft on the Lido deck. During lunch many people stop at the first food stations out by the pool or just inside the Lido restaurant. Go further inside the Lido restaurant and you'll find a Burrito bar and Mongolian and other choices too.

Everyday you'll receive a "Fun Times" in your cabin. This is the schedule that has all the events on the ship and when/where they are happening. Sit down and read it carefully so you don't miss something you might want to do. Some people even light to take a highlighter and highlight the events important to you. You won't be able to do it all.
Sounds good! Thank you for you advice.

One more little thing. Where can I park my car? any free parking? or I find a friend to drop us off?

Can't wait to be there. I watched a lot of YouTube about this boat.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:38 AM

I know of no free parking, sorry. If you can get a friend to drop you off, that would be the best solution. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny3333 View Post
I know of no free parking, sorry. If you can get a friend to drop you off, that would be the best solution. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!
Thanks! I purchased the balcony room for May 20. What is the earliest time I can onboard in that day? can't wait to have my vacation, we wait for it for whole year.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:59 AM

I just went on the Splendor Feb 5th. I wouldn't go any earlier than 11:00AM. Even then you may have to wait a bit. It really depends on how early the previous cruise completed their disembarkation. I think on Feb 5th they started boarding around 11:30AM.

Tags
2011, 2012, 20th, carnival, cruise, embarkation, forum, funsaver, kind, obstucted, review, reviews, shuttle, splendor, tips, view