Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 07:26 AM

Default Formal night
Can anyone tell me ....is there just 1 formal night on a 5 day cruise? Also can one read the itinerary of what's happening on their ship BEFORE they cruise. thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Administrator

One 'cruise elegant' night on a 5-night cruise is correct. Daily schedules for specific cruises are not available prior to a cruise.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:54 PM
We have decided to stop doing formal night when we fly.. Its not worth $50.00 roundtrip on a plane to dress up a couple of hours..

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-20-2012, 03:17 PM

? not sure I understand
Old 03-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Not understand which comment?

For mine, Carnival does not use the term 'formal night' anymore. It is either 'cruise elegant' or 'cruise casual' with relaxed requirements. Cruise Elegant means slacks and a dress shirt (no tie or jacket) is officially acceptable. Cruise Casual even allows shorts to be worn at dinner.

What Tim C is referring to is paying the airline luggage fees for carting extra clothes along for those 'cruise elegant' nights. Lots of people cruise these days with just the stuff they can fit in their carry-on luggage.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:14 PM

We love FORMAL night and can't wait to get nice and dress up for this events. We will not go on any cruise lines that are cutting back on these wonderful nights. You can't put all of your stuff in a carry-on. We alway have 4 suitcases on every cruise. We take one empty one for stuff that we buy at the ports and on the ship. Our airlines only charge for one bag and the second one per person is free. We wish that more people get dress up. We miss the good old days when our parents would get dress up just to go out for an evening on the town. We dress up once or twice a week to go out.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:22 PM

Gang,

As much as my wife and I enjoy formal nights, I am afraid that they are going the way of the Dodo bird.

That being said, there are still many folks who get all dressed up and I have never felt out of place with a jacket and tie on the cruise elegant nights. The interesting thing is that I am the most informal guy I know and you will usually find me wearing a pair of jogging shorts and a T-shirt that I got for free when I am not at work. However, there is something about being on a cruise that makes me want to dress up a bit, plus my wife really enjoys it too!

Anyway, take care and have a great trip!

Brad

Tags
2012, caribbean, carnival, cruise, day, dress, dressed, elegant, enchantment, formal, night, nights, royal, ship, ships