Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, grand cayman.. Excursion ideas??? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/38038-cozumel-belize-roatan-grand-cayman-excursion-ideas.html)

triplea333 04-24-2012 12:36 AM

Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, grand cayman.. Excursion ideas???

Hello folks!

I'm new in the forum but found it very helpful and hope to get some help too! I'll be cruising with my future wife for our honeymoon this week coming up (4/29-5/5) in the Carnival Glory departing from Miami,Fl my hometown. The cruise is going to And Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and grand cayman. I've never been to any of these ports and would like to get suggestions about excursion or points of interest in any of them... Specially In what ports I should be able to reserve excursion at the port with local people, which is a lot cheaper than with the cruise and still be safe

Any information u can provide me with will be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!:)

Sonny V 04-24-2012 08:34 AM

Welcome to our friendly forum,Triplea333. The one must do excursion I can suggest is cave tubing in Belize. Here is a link to one of the tour operators I used...

Belize Cave Tubing with X-Stream Tours from The Belize Cave Tubing Excursion Experts

alexandra cruiser 04-24-2012 12:03 PM

Congtats,,,since its SO soon,try googling each port

to find agents,,then check each of their sites,references,,etc..Do NOT pay ahead of time.

That being said,,,do plan on SOME excursion in Belize,,not a safe city (IMHO) to wander on own.We did zip line,airboat,,and DH did cave tubing. I m afraid of dark places and after looking at you tube of it...passed..

Cozumel,,can always go to beach on own,,many taxis at dock,,just pick one from tourism site that appeals to you..My DH went snorkeling and I took bus tour of island too(part of cruise excursion)

Sorry, haven t been to others,,but DO HAVE A GREAT TIME>>

triplea333 04-24-2012 09:41 PM

Thanks guys

Sandylynn 04-25-2012 05:43 AM

My daughter and her boyfriend went cave tubing and zip line....a lot of fun.....I have done the Altun Ha Mayan Site and River Wallace excursion in Belize.....this is really good....quite enjoyed the river boat ride.....I personally only book through Carnival....as they won't wait or guarantee you are back to the ship on time if you book through other private companies...plus you are first off the ship on your excursion day.... (I did view a few "you tube" videos where people missed their ship.....these are far and few between I'm sure though....have fun!

penny3333 04-25-2012 06:34 AM

I love snorkeling, so that's what I do in every port. Belize and Roatan are two of the best snorkels I've done. Grand Cayman I usually go to 7 mile beach, but if you've not been there, Stingray City is a huge attraction. It's a unique experience, beautiful water, and a nice boat ride out and back. It also gives you enough time to go shopping. Cozumel we usually go to Chankanaab Park, again, for the snorkeling. Paradise and the Money Bar are also nice beaches. The last time we were there, we rented a scooter and went around the island, which was a blast. We normally book through the ship, too. Hope this might help a little.

tim c 04-26-2012 04:05 AM

I have been to all of them many times and will again in Nov! Cozumel I suggest the Beach Break Deluxe! You get in a A/C Bus and they drive you to the facilty were there are open bar,a fresh water pool,free water sports gear,a AWESOME mexican all you can eat buffet,and did I mention open bar? LOL.. Belize.. The Mayan ruins was a great excursion but yes I suggest not to venture out of the gated shopping area if you are just there to shop. Belize to me is a waste of time to stop at..Roatan again is so pretty. We love to beach break were you buy one ticket you get another for free, You get snorkel gear, A clam shell shade for 2 people.a floating mat,and you can ride the chair lift..Grand Caymen. Any snorkeling, Rum Point beach break was awesome. I suggest not to do the Sting ray city. The amount of sting rays there has dropped BIG TIME. We have done this 4 times and the last 2 times we have gone the stingray population has dropped about 90%. And try to share maybe 20-25 with 6-7 boats with 30-40 people = NO FUN!! Oh another thing.. NEVER I MEAN NEVER put your wallet in your back pocket.. I suggest getting a pair of shorts were you you have a zipper pocket in front so you can be safe..

tim c 04-26-2012 04:18 AM

OH and you need to book threw the ship because you are guaranted to be left behined if the excursion is running late.. We have been on a cruise were 20 people were left behind because the private company's van blew out a tire and had no spare so the ship left them. You dont want that to happen. yes the ship prices are $20.00 bucks more but I see it as an insurance that I will not be left behind.. I forgot to say last year we was on an excursion that we were running 30 min late it was in Grand Caymen. And the ship was still there waiting for 10 people because we booked through the cruise line.. Be safe, not sorry..