Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Victory Grand vs Ocean Suites (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/38106-victory-grand-vs-ocean-suites.html)

CruiseDad 05-15-2012 12:07 PM

Victory Grand vs Ocean Suites

My wife and I will probably book the Victory out of San Juan for the transition cruise to Miami in Jan 2013. We have very nearly decided on an Ocean Suite such as Cabin 7282 We note that about half have already sold but no Grand Suites have sold. At $85 per person per day that's an extra $1360. Other than even more space what else do you get for the extra money? They seem the same other than that. Anybody been in the Grand and can compare?

Dave 05-15-2012 01:12 PM

It appears all you get for the GS is more space, a walk-in closet, and a whirlpool bathtub.

Jim C. 05-17-2012 08:46 AM

The GS has significantly more space. But both have a whirlpool tub. We had a OS on the victory, it had the tube. We were able to go into a GS after we boarded because they were still cleaning it and getting it ready. It had more space is about the only perk I know of.

CruiseDad 05-18-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim C. (Post 293679)
The GS has significantly more space. But both have a whirlpool tub. We had a OS on the victory, it had the tube. We were able to go into a GS after we boarded because they were still cleaning it and getting it ready. It had more space is about the only perk I know of.

Thanks, Doesn't seem worth it to me. I think we will book the Ocean Suite and perhaps soon. I see many of these are booked already.

CruiseDad 05-25-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruiseDad (Post 293700)
Thanks, Doesn't seem worth it to me. I think we will book the Ocean Suite and perhaps soon. I see many of these are booked already.

Follpw up question. I just saw on CruiseCritic a balcony completely closed in asking what was the worst balcony you ever had. Someone named the Victory as the worst balcony. Can any one here indicate or photo what the balcony is like for Ocean Suite on Deck 7?

Cruise Fanatic 05-25-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruiseDad (Post 293789)
Follpw up question. I just saw on CruiseCritic a balcony completely closed in asking what was the worst balcony you ever had. Someone named the Victory as the worst balcony. Can any one here indicate or photo what the balcony is like for Ocean Suite on Deck 7?

That sounds more like one of the Cove balconies which are on lower levels closer to the water level. They don't have Cove balconies on the Victory.

Cruise Fanatic 05-25-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruiseDad (Post 293700)

The GS has 70 sq ft more space in the cabin and 20 sq ft more balcony space. It also has two sinks instead of one. You also get an extra sitting chair.