Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Carnival Liberty gets 100% on CDC (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/38107-carnival-liberty-gets-100-cdc.html)

penny3333 05-16-2012 11:03 AM

Carnival Liberty gets 100% on CDC

Carnival Liberty received a 100 on the CDC inspection. That's awesome, I know a few Princess ships have received that award as well. I wonder how most hotels would fair?

Wheels87 05-17-2012 05:08 AM

Penny,

Perhaps you could enlighten those who don't know exactly what the "CDC" inspection is with more information.

Whatever it is, it sure sounds like great news for the ship and her crew!

Take care,

Brad

Jim C. 05-17-2012 09:42 AM

Brad- CDC inspection is Center for Disease Control Inspection. It's kind of like a restaurant health inspection but more comprehensive. They look at the galley of course and make sure they are following all the cleanliness and health safety requirements, but they also look at the ships water generation systems, sewage systems, air ventilations, laundry etc... basically everything that could be a health risk factor. A 100 % would indicate that the inspector found no violations of code on the entire ship. Which is outstanding.

Most land based restaurants would not get a perfect score, so it is very good. There is a website that shows the scores of all the inspections for each cruise line, but I don't remember where it is anymore.

You would have to read what some of the inspections deduct points for to understand how difficult a 100% mark is to achieve. Anything in the high 90% range is very good.

Cruise Fanatic 05-17-2012 03:11 PM

Try this site
On one of my galley tours I heard a Chef say he could lose points in an inspection just for wearing his watch.

Jim C. 05-18-2012 10:09 AM

Advanced Cruise Ship Inspection Search That is the link to the inspection results page.

CruiseDad 05-18-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruise Fanatic (Post 293684)
Try this site
On one of my galley tours I heard a Chef say he could lose points in an inspection just for wearing his watch.

Yup, I heard that too on a galley tour, Any one they see or any food out and not propely controlled can get you nicked. My daughter, currently on the Fantasy, said they were nicked a point once for an open dish of Mayo in the Staff Mess. It's tough to get 100 for sure

Congrates to Liberty

jack2007 05-20-2012 04:24 AM

Are CDC slow putting updates on their site ?
looking at the CDC site under inspections it shows that Carnival Liberty scored 100% on 10/01/2011.
I am surprised that when they release the information about a ships latest score after they inspect a ship then they have not put it on their site straight away

Wheels87 05-20-2012 05:59 AM

That's funny...I have worked with the CDC on cases before, but at the time I read the original post, I just wasn't thinking about it that way.

Thanks for the information.

Brad

Jim C. 05-21-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack2007 (Post 293728)
Are CDC slow putting updates on their site ?
looking at the CDC site under inspections it shows that Carnival Liberty scored 100% on 10/01/2011.
I am surprised that when they release the information about a ships latest score after they inspect a ship then they have not put it on their site straight away

It's a government agency Jack... don't expect them to do ANYTHING straight away....

Dave 05-21-2012 01:42 PM

Another thing to note: The ships are only subject for inspection twice per year as long as they sail from U.S. ports. If a ship has a good record they will not be inspected more than those two times. A date from last year may well be the last time a vessel was inspected.