Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Default Carnival Implements New Loyalty Program
Carnival has always been a bit late to the game for it's loyalty program. Their new member levels and perks have just been officially released. They appear more in line with what the other mainstream cruise lines offer. The points are based on cruise days and not cruises.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Administrator

There is a Q&A between John Heald and a corporate VP posted on Facebook. It says they'll let people attain platinum level under the old rule of 10 cruises if they complete them by 12/31/13.

At least he was honest about some of the changes: Too much laundry was being done for free and overwhelming the hotel staff, too many people were eligible for the repeater party and it was becoming a logistics problem, too many people were using the guaranteed dining time perk, and he said don't be surprised when they tighten up some more in the future as more people climb the membership ladder.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:26 PM

Dave,

Thanks for posting the link...I was reading the Q & A on John Heald's Facebook page and some folks were getting down right vicious about the whole thing. I personally don't really care, since that is not why I cruise anyway, but I did kind of enjoy the past guest reception.

I think they did make a mistake by promoting it in such a positive way, when it was really just to keep the number of people in the higher categories down to a more manageable level.

Take care,

Brad

Old 06-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Brad,

Enjoy your back-to-back cruises!

Old 06-10-2012, 04:18 PM

Thanks, Dave!

I promise that I will try my best. We are in the middle of packing now and I was just checking in while taking a break. It is always more fun to read the forums when getting ready to cruise than when you just got back.

I just hope the weather clears up so we can have a nice departure tomorrow from New Orleans. We are only about 100 miles away and it has been raining continuously for two days.

Take care!

Brad

Old 06-10-2012, 05:22 PM

Bon Voyage, Brad! I hope each of your cruises get better and better.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:40 PM

Thanks Sonny!

I was actually just thinking about you when I was packing my shirts and pants in plastic garbage bags. That was one of the best pearls of wisdom anyone has ever given me.

Thanks,

Brad

Old 06-11-2012, 12:10 PM
So I just checked my VIFP status. I've sailed 70 days on 10 cruises but they didn't allow VIFP for my 2004 cruise so I have only 63 points and I do not see any grandfather as platinum, I sailed last time as platinum, tells me I have 12 points to go to be platinum. This is a real bummer. I suspect I may never reach Platinum I'm so bummed. Even my 8 day up coming 11th cruise won't do it. How cheap can you be!!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Administrator

CruiseDad,

I'd contact them. The Vice President interviewed by Heald stated that everyone that was platinum before the change was grandfathered.

Per Rob Borden, VP of Customer Marketing in the Facebook interview:
"All guests that currently have attained Platinum status, regardless of the number of cruise days, will be Platinum in the new VIFP Club."

Old 06-12-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
CruiseDad,

I'd contact them. The Vice President interviewed by Heald stated that everyone that was platinum before the change was grandfathered.

Per Rob Borden, VP of Customer Marketing in the Facebook interview:
"All guests that currently have attained Platinum status, regardless of the number of cruise days, will be Platinum in the new VIFP Club."
Thanks Dave
How would I contact them? Can I use the phone that I'd book a cruise with?

Tags
10, 2012, 2013, carnival, carnivals, change, club, cruise, cruises, grandfather, lines, loyalty, platnium, problems, program, versus, vifp