Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Administrator

A former co-worker of mine had a saying about people who broke rules: "If you break little rules you’ll break big ones too." Thus, I have little doubt that the chair hogs also ignore other rules whether on the ship or at home. See a car illegally parked in a handicapped spot? The driver would probably hog chairs and buy one soda card for everyone to use while on the ship.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Administrator

After the trial run, Carnival has declared success and rolled out the new 'chair hog' policy to all ships.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:29 AM

Maybe if the kinks are worked out this can be applied on their private island too. So glad to see a policy of any kind
Old 09-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
It is something different and I hope it works. If it does maybe the other lines will follow suit. Carnival Deck Chair Policy Announced
It is a very good idea. However I have my doubts if Carnival can implement it well. Implementing ideas does not seem to be a strong suit of Carnival. Almost for sure they have simply added this duty to some employee who is already overloaded.

They have just instituted a "word of the day" and have made it clear that it is not supposed to make extra work just be sure all your reports know what the word is for today. Not a bad idea to keep good practises in mind. However at least on my daughters ship this has resulted in department meetings to give out the word. Another 10 min wasted in a day already busy.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:28 PM

Oooohhh I have seen this happen and am interested in seeing how this works. I have to admit, I am the early bird at the pool. I like to get up early and have my coffee in my favorite picked out spot. I do leave my chair for breakfast when my husband finally gets up. But I am sure I can do that within the 40 minutes. Besides that I am in my chair!

Carnival Elation 1/13
Carnival Conquest 3/12
Carnival Elation 8/11
Carnival Victory 9/10
Carnival Conquest 5/09
Carnival conquest 5/08
Old 11-29-2012, 04:20 AM
well as I informed John Heald. we were on the Liberty nov 3 and they were still hogging the chairs in the area on the back of the ship.. We waited for 2 hours for them to show up on 6 chairs, they never did so we moved their stuff ourselves to a table near by.. Got in the pool then and then to the hot(should call it the cool)tub.. So I got out while my wife and freinds stayed in a little longer. Well it was an hour later after we moved their sruff they finally showed up.. We and the 60 year old women starred to argue..NO ONE WAS watching these chairs from carnival,, She said she and her group was having breakfast and that they reserved these chairs, I told her thanks for letting me steal her reservation.. She was not happy. I explained her of the new policy and to read here capers and it is stated in there..

Read and post cruise reviews

Tags
carnival, chair, chairhog, chairs, cruise, deck, hog, hogs, line, page, policy, powered, review, triumph, vbulletin