Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Carnival Announces New "Chair Hog" Policy (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/38294-carnival-announces-new-chair-hog-policy.html)

Dave 07-30-2012 01:30 PM

Carnival Announces New "Chair Hog" Policy

It is something different and I hope it works. If it does maybe the other lines will follow suit. Carnival Deck Chair Policy Announced

penny3333 07-31-2012 11:57 AM

Princess already does it, only they don't enforce it evenly. Usually, it's only when someone complains.

Dave 07-31-2012 03:10 PM

Consistent enforcement is the key. I remember in 2004 on Mariner Of The Seas there was one pool attendant who wasn't playing games. He'd see people drop their junk on chairs and then leave, and he would walk right up and pick up their stuff and take it to his towel station. But it was just him doing it.

penny3333 08-01-2012 11:13 AM

You're right, Dave, and I applaud that attendant:)

Wheels87 08-02-2012 05:22 AM

YYYYEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I love it when good, common sense policies are enforced. The worst abuse I ever saw was on the Carnival Elation in June 2011, a woman got on the ship on embarkation day at about 11:20 and then proceeded to place personal items on 16 deck chairs right next to the pool. Those chairs were saved right up until dinner time and only 4 of them were ever occupied. The others just sat empty the whole day. What a waste.

I sure hope it works.

Brad

tim c 08-07-2012 04:48 AM

Finally!! something that makes sense!! 2 thumbs up....

OceanGeorge 08-07-2012 05:06 AM

Yes, this is brilliant. I'm constantly frustrated whenever i go on holiday and someone has decided that it's okay for them to put a towel down on a deck chair and come back to it hours later. It's completely unfair and just selfish.

Hopefully this will stop people doing it, and more and more cruise lines start doing it. :)

Dave 08-07-2012 08:07 AM

Norwegian is now testing the same policy, except they allow 45 minutes.

bugcruiser 08-09-2012 04:32 PM

So glad to see this, hopefully it won't take long for them to implement it on all the ships. In March on the Freedom we noticed the same thing people saving chairs for hours! One lady saved about twelve chairs right in front of the adult pool!:)

peter l 08-10-2012 05:58 AM

This would be great as I have, like others, encountered this so many times and it is frustrating to find items on the loungers and we find one nearby and see that when they finally return much later on expect it to be ready. I have, on one occassion, when seeing several together vacant for over an hour moved all the items to one lounger. I hope that if you are reading this post and you are a guilty party get the messages being posted here.

Peterl