Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 05:31 AM
Default No so good
Good day all,
Well I just want to know if anyone has any good input on the Carnival Sensation, every and I do mean every review I read was negative. What is up? Can a ship be that bad and still be sailing. everything from embarkation to debarkation was negative. for example. i read where there was garbage on the entrance to the ship, bed bugs in the beds in the cabins, food was cold, crew was rude, the one pool was a " cesspool" don't think that was spelled correctly, but that is how they spelled it. lol. I mean come on can anyone tell me something good about this ship. I do know it it one of the older ships but that shouldn't take away from the good. I am concerned because my neice and her husband and friends are going to be on it this week and I was hoping it wasn't as bad as all that.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-21-2012, 06:28 AM
Administrator

I wouldn't be too concerned. One thing I learned over the years in reviewing reviews is that they, overall, tend to emphasize the negatives rather than the positives. For instance, I'll often read in one review how the food was good (period) while another reviewer will say it was awful and throw out a lot of words like disgusting, I wouldn't feed this to my dog, etc. Also, there's a tendency for negative reviews to include more than one topic -- that is, if someone had a complaint about dining room service, that person will also list a whole lot of other stuff, such as tender service, vacuuming, production shows, drink prices...the list goes on.

I was recently on a cruise on which we had service that was far below par. We brought it to the attention of the Restaurant Manager (we stopped at the front desk to ask how to do this), and problem was resolved and he even paid us a personal visit. Some others on the same cruise also panned the dining room service (which was pretty much limited to the first two nights) and then listed a whole lot of other issues that, in the scheme of things, were relatively minor.

Sorry this is so lengthy -- just wanted to reassure you and your family that reviews are not always what they seem to be. This applies to ones that harp on the negatives without mentioning any positives, and even those that are overwhelmingly glowing about the positives without mentioning the negatives. Focus on the more balanced reviews (that may be hard to find).

I hope this provided some reassurance!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritfilled View Post
Good day all,
Well I just want to know if anyone has any good input on the Carnival Sensation, every and I do mean every review I read was negative. What is up? Can a ship be that bad and still be sailing. everything from embarkation to debarkation was negative. for example. i read where there was garbage on the entrance to the ship, bed bugs in the beds in the cabins, food was cold, crew was rude, the one pool was a " cesspool" don't think that was spelled correctly, but that is how they spelled it. lol. I mean come on can anyone tell me something good about this ship. I do know it it one of the older ships but that shouldn't take away from the good. I am concerned because my neice and her husband and friends are going to be on it this week and I was hoping it wasn't as bad as all that.
Spiritfilled, From time to time disgruntled cruisers like to try and get "a pound of flesh" from Carnival or other operators because they had a curise that did not meet expectations. Mostly this is all exerageration. I have no specific info on the Sensation but it certainly is not how this review depecited it. I have cruised 10 times with Carnival and will go 11. And sometimes things happen, the crew does their best to fix it especially if you are civil and reasonable when you ask. Carnival is the "affordable" cruise line so comparisons to Seaborn or even Royal Caribbean must be tempered with the cost of the cruise. You and your friends will have a great time on Carnvial and don't sweat the small stuff.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:00 AM

The ship was just in dry dock January 26- February 9th. I find reading reviews tiresome. They can often range from comical to ludicrous. The problem with the internet is anyone can make a false claim or accusation and you don't get the whole story. They are only telling you one side. One review commented it was hamburgers and hotdogs every night. We all know that's not true. One review claimed $50 dollars and $20 worth of medicine was stolen out of their checked luggage. First of all, why would anyone put that in checked luggage? Second they can't prove a Carnival employee stole it. Another review said you could only distinguish the crew by their name tag because they weren't wearing uniforms. Huh? I have never ever been on a cruise where the crew weren't wearing uniforms.

One review that was highly critical said her next cruise would be on Disney or Silversea. Well, if she can afford a Silversea cruise then she should never have been on Carnival in the first place. Another problem of the internet is people booking their own cruises without using a travel agent to explain different experiences on different cruise lines. Too many people look at a cheap price and want a high end experience.

I could go on and on how cruise reviews are too distorted. When I read scathing reviews of a ship I often wish I could go on the ship myself to see if it's as bad as they are saying it is. Chances are it wouldn't be. Tell your sisters to go and have a good time.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:13 AM
A little follow up for you. I have a cruise ship app for my Iphone. It has 37 comments about the Sensation. All 37 were positive many saying they would cruise her again. There were 3 reviews that had some downsides. ship was "nice ship but very small", "...food could have been better..." , "I was a little dissapointed with the room...I was expecting a fridge and a blow dryer..". One peson noted a broken elevator. Other general comments were great cruise, I'll be back, my kids loved the water slides, Crew was great , entertainment was a blast, very well done, very clean etc. You will have a great time
Old 08-21-2012, 08:21 AM
Thanks guys for the reassurance. I knew I could count on you all. Since I have been a part of this forum back in 2006 you all have been a great help to my cruising experiences. Again thanks for all your input. Sometimes you just need someone to talk you back down from the ledge...so to speak.

Read and post cruise reviews

Tags
bed, bedbugs, blow, bugs, carnival, cruise, dryers, reviews, rooms, sensation, shipapp