Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 02:27 PM

I am looking to cruise this year on Carnival. I wanted to find out which bev are at no cost when on a cruise. I am under the impression sodas are at a fee. I hear water, ice tea and lemonade is free. If that is true, is the water bottled water?
Old 03-16-2009, 02:32 PM

On my first cruise, I had set myself that I could not go 7 days without soda. So, I bought a soda card. I did use it, but not enough for what it cost.

Anyway, on the next cruise I found that I really liked the juices that were free (punch, lemonade, grape, etc.) and their water was really good. I don't know if it was bottled, but it was good. (And I'm really picky about my water). The tea was okay, but I don't really remember getting that too much.

I would say buy a soda when you want to, but I really think you may be able to get by without them.

Carnival Glory - May 2009
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Glory - April 2005

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Administrator

This bar menu is a couple years old so add 25 to 50 cents to most prices and you'll have an idea of what the costs are. Bottled water is extra. The juices, tea, coffee, and of course tap water, are included in your cruise fare. Cruise ship tap water is perfectly safe to drink. Often they will set up an ice water station by the pool bar for self-service. But you can always ask a bartender for a glass of ice water. Just remember that while iced tea and juices are "free" in the buffet area if you ask for them at a bar they will charge you. Water is the only freebie you can get at a bar.

Oh, and welcome to cruise-chat! We are happy you stopped by and I hope you will post more questions and comments.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:47 PM

Hi dking67, You can also bring a limited quantity of soft beverages on board. They don't have my soda preference, so I bring a few 16 oz bottles with me. I don't drink that much soda anyway.

Dwayne
Old 03-16-2009, 05:42 PM

Thanks for all your input. It helps to know what to expect ahead of time.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:23 PM

The soda cards are quite nice. We usually buy one and my partner will drink a boat load of cokes. Then, I will have him get me a ginger all on occasion. It is like 4-5 dollars per day. I would suggest buying it the second day and it will be cheaper. The alcoholic drinks are fairly expensive. The captain's party has free drinks. Sit on the inside aisle toward the front and you will get more. Ask for what you want and the servers will get it for you. Water, tea, lemonade, juices, are free from the fountain areas. You can bring some rum with you and make some smuggler's punch!!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
You can bring some rum with you and make some smuggler's punch!!!!
While I find the name for this concoction very humorous. It is incumbent upon me to remind everyone that it is a Cruise-Chat staff policy not to allow posts that encourage or include help to break the cruise line's policies regarding bringing alcohol onboard.

So, with that said...we will continue with the Cost of Beverages topic.

Dwayne
Old 03-17-2009, 01:06 AM
No, the bottled water is not free (or should I say "included in the Cruise fare"). I usually bring a water bottle from home and refill it from the tap onboard, as needed.

Be aware of the bottled water, soda, and mini-bar items they will have waiting for you in your cabin. They tend to be expensive.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:16 AM

Hi dking67, welcome to Cruise-Chat. There really is no need to purchase bottled water, the water on board is more pure than any bottled water. Unless you drink a lot of soda, the card really isn't worth it. Coffee, tea, punch, and some juices in the morning are free. Hope you have a wonderful cruise, and once again, welcome aboard.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:20 PM
on our cruises my wife packs 12 of the 8oz plastic cokes so we have those. they save us alot of money.. 7 days without a coke is long

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
aboard, alcoholic, beverages, botteled, bottle, bottled, carnival, cost, cozumel, cruise, cruisecost, drinks, glory, price, unlimited, water