Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   phone call from carnival (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/38416-phone-call-carnival.html)

macmom111 09-07-2012 01:18 PM

phone call from carnival

I just got the strangest phone call from Carnival. She said she wanted to go over the details of my cruise, I stopped her and asked her if she was trying to sell me the travel insurance, oh no no, she went over all the details, wanted to know what excursions I was going on, then she said why dont you get the travel insurance.
I didnt like this call, didnt ask for this call, dont appreciate it one bit!
I have cruised 16 times on Carnival and this is the first time I have ever had this happen, I told her not to call me again. I know what I am doing.

susanmaz 09-07-2012 01:32 PM

The question is - was the call really from Carnival? You should contact Carnival to let them know about the call and how you felt about it. It would be interesting to see their response to this.

macmom111 09-07-2012 01:33 PM

caller Id showed it was from Carnival

Cruise Fanatic 09-07-2012 02:09 PM

Carnival PVP's have been very aggressive lately. I have gotten calls myself saying I had requested information. I've also gotten several emails from the same PVP saying it was nice talking to me about my Carnival vacation. The only problem is I didn't talk to him! You did the best them Macmom111 by telling them not to call again. I don't like this aggressive action they've been taking lately.

CruiseDad 09-10-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruise Fanatic (Post 295010)
Carnival PVP's have been very aggressive lately. I have gotten calls myself saying I had requested information. I've also gotten several emails from the same PVP saying it was nice talking to me about my Carnival vacation. The only problem is I didn't talk to him! You did the best them Macmom111 by telling them not to call again. I don't like this aggressive action they've been taking lately.

I got one of these a few years ago and the PVP even pulled the age card on me saying that being over 55 I really needed Travel Insurance. I was not happy with this either. No calls since but I will note it again when I get a chance for a survey

tim c 10-08-2012 12:37 PM

Well they tried to say that I purchased the trip insurance!! I called to pay for my tips for the cruise in 31/2 weeks.. I paid off my cruise 5mo ago and it said PAID IN FULL.. So when I called to pay my tips she said that I still owed on my trip insurance!! I said what? She said that I agreed when I bought the fares 14mo ago that I wanted trip insurance!! I said the BS word.. I told her I never agreed to that, And I never not ever buy it from a cruiseline,that I get it from insuremytrip.com a real insurance company!! She got kinda ****ed and I said have you noticed I am platnium? She said she didnt see that when i called. I told here to immdiatly cancel THAT SO CALLED INSURANCE!! I already had paid for it with another company.. So after being on hold the unfreindly costumer service lady said it was off! So now I am sending an email to carnival to complain about her and this new tatic of insurance crap!!

Dave 10-08-2012 12:45 PM

They must get a pretty good cut from the cruise protection sales. Same thing for how a new car dealer will push the extended warranty when you buy a new car. There is lots of money to be had with these types of add-ons.

Jim C. 10-08-2012 05:51 PM

Wow.. I can't believe they are pulling this. Tim, like you I always buy it from some company off of insure my trip. Depending on the price and coverage I want. I would never buy it from Carnival. Their insurance is a joke.

I bet the PVPs get a commission or some bonus tied to how many insurance policies they sell. SO it would make sense that some are getting creative in figuring out ways to get extra policies sold. I would think after a few angry letters that Carnival would stop it.. unless of course its really Carnival behind it and they are telling the PVPs to push the insurance.

I can't relate any stories because I have not used a PVP to book in years.

JackyJama 11-07-2012 02:10 PM

I was considering to book Carnival cruise, but after the things with insurance described here and numerous negative reviews on (link removed by admin) concerning some other issues, I am not sure that I should choose Carnival.
Are there any other concerns you guys can tell about?

Thanks in advance!

Jim C. 11-08-2012 05:41 AM

Well since the drive by poster refreshed this discussion, I should say that I almost got Insurancized... I decided to add my daughter to an upcoming cruise and when she was added they tried to add insurance to all 3 of us! Luckily, our TA had to call them back to correct something in the booking and the up-charge was noticed... What nerve! Adding a charge for something without customer approval has to be illegal, right?