Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/38453-hotel-ft-lauderdale.html)

Sandylynn 09-23-2012 09:21 AM

Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

Hi there, could anyone recommend a reasonable hotel to book in Ft. Lauderdale near the pier for our night before our cruise. Thanks

Dave 09-23-2012 12:34 PM

Reasonable is relative I guess. I like the Embassy Suites at 17th St. They also have a combo rate that includes a shuttle to the ship.

I've never stayed there, but a lot of people say the Rodeway Inn is a great value, clean, and so forth.

MCPayne 09-23-2012 05:37 PM

There's a couple different hotels near the area, that I haven't stayed at, but have had success with the brands in the past.

The first one is the Comfort Inn Airport / Cruise Port South. This hotel looks like they have a shuttle service to and from Port Everglades, as well as the airport. Not sure if it's continuous, or if you have to call ahead to reserve it.

The second one is the Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port. This would be nicer than the other one, as the rooms are mini suites, and the other hotel would just be standard rooms. This hotel has a park and cruise package, however, they don't mention anything about a shuttle to the port in the hotel description.

Whenever I travel, I always try to find Comfort Inns or Comfort Suites, and have yet to be disappointed.

susanmaz 09-24-2012 12:28 PM

We are staying for the second time at the Sleep Inn in Dania, FL. It's about 3 miles from the airport. There is a free shuttle from the airport and to the pier. It shares a pad with a Walgreens - which is nice for last minute things you forgot. It's across the street from a shopping center with a grocery store and a few restaurants. There are also restaurants within walking distance I believe. There is the free breakfast in the morning. Prices are very reasonable.

billybuzzy 09-24-2012 04:11 PM

Like susanmaz's recommendation We would gladly second staying at the Sleep Inn in Dania. The rooms are all mini suites and the location is exceptionally convenient for being able to pick up all those last minute items You forgot to pack. There is also a bank across the street in the shopping center. Transportation is great and the morning breakfast is very good!! Over the past few years We have stayed there at least three times.

BillyBuzzy

CruiseDad 09-24-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCPayne (Post 295175)
There's a couple different hotels near the area, that I haven't stayed at, but have had success with the brands in the past.

The first one is the Comfort Inn Airport / Cruise Port South. This hotel looks like they have a shuttle service to and from Port Everglades, as well as the airport. Not sure if it's continuous, or if you have to call ahead to reserve it.

The second one is the Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port. This would be nicer than the other one, as the rooms are mini suites, and the other hotel would just be standard rooms. This hotel has a park and cruise package, however, they don't mention anything about a shuttle to the port in the hotel description.

Whenever I travel, I always try to find Comfort Inns or Comfort Suites, and have yet to be disappointed.

I've stayed in both the Rodeway and the comfort Inn Airport. We much prefer the Comfort Inn. You need to sign up for your shuttle the night before. They will have sheets for each ship and will call you by name when the shuttle is ready. We did NOT like the Rodeway. It is in a very run down part of town. It was nearly impossible to get a taxi and as I recall there was not a shuttle when we stayed there.

Sandylynn 09-25-2012 06:57 AM

Thanks a bunch everyone!