Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Carnival Glory returns to service with Fun Ship 2.0 additions (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/38572-carnival-glory-returns-service-fun-ship-2-0-additions.html)

Dave 11-15-2012 09:09 AM

Carnival Glory returns to service with Fun Ship 2.0 additions

More exciting news from Carnival! Press Release

billybuzzy 11-21-2012 06:13 PM

Looking at the Deck Plans of the Refurbished Carnival Glory reveals that a number of staterooms were added and modified in the forward area of the Lido Deck (9). Specifically Staterooms formerly 4J (Interior -Obstructed Ocean View) have been slightly relocated/enlarged/added, an exterior Stairwell{ladder} and the Forward Verandah Removed (to allow enlarging the new cabins-which appear to feature floor to ceiling Forward Windows) and are being marketed as Superior Ocean View Cabins and listed as a new category (6K).

It also appears to me that 2 new suites have been added in the forward area of the Lido Deck alongside the new 6K's. There may also be some new Interior Cabins in that same Forward Cabin area. I Have noted that the cabins in that area were unavailable for booking during the past Summer/Fall cruise season...work may have already been underway.

I believe that these, and other changes will be implemented thouighout the Carnival Fleet in future years as the Fincantieri built ships come in for Refurb. It also gives Us a strong clue as to what We may be seeing aboard the Refurbed Carnival Sunshine(nee Carnival Destiny).

BillyBuzzy

Cruise Fanatic 11-22-2012 08:41 AM

The recent Carnival Glory refurbishment included the addition of two new Captain Suites, which are 500 sq ft with a 150 sq ft balcony. They can accommodate 5 people. They also added six Scenic Ocean Views- four of them are 6J-Scenic Ocean View at 230 sq ft, and two of them are 6K-Scenic Grand Ocean View at 320 sq ft.

They added many nice features with the Fun Ship 2.0 such as Red Frog Pub, Blue Iguana, etc. But one thing they removed was the Mongolian Wok which was just added on the Lido deck in the 2010 refurbishment.

Dave 11-22-2012 09:11 AM

I like the Mongolian Wok. Too bad it had to go for something newer.

Cruise Fanatic 11-22-2012 09:43 AM

I'm wondering if they still have the Mongolian, but have just incorporated it into the regular Lido buffet line. When I was on the CCL Splendor in February they had Mongolian everyday, but it was just in the line with all the other hot grilled food items. It was very good and the line for Mongolian was busy everyday.

CruiseDad 12-02-2012 11:40 AM

How about the NY Deli. For 11 cruises now I've started the cruise with a Reuben from the Deli

Cruise Fanatic 12-02-2012 11:42 AM

My favorite sandwich!

CruiseDad 12-10-2012 02:25 PM

I teach a Quality Seminar and there was an article in Quality Progress about how a Rueben teaches a lessen in Quality. My Cruise Dancer daughter put those lessens into a powerpoint presention for me that I still use today. So now every cruise I enjoy a Reuben with her at the start of the cruise. A nice Tradition