Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Conquest Cruise - Grand Cayman Question (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/39536-conquest-cruise-grand-cayman-question.html)

Boneman 02-15-2013 06:05 PM

Conquest Cruise - Grand Cayman Question

Hello everyone! It's been a long while since I've been on this forum. We have a cruise booked in March on the Conquest. One of the ports is Grand Caymen. Is there a public beach that we could take a cab to and not go through the ship? Thanks!!

macmom111 02-15-2013 07:40 PM

absolutely, 7 mile beach is beautiful. you can take a taxi there for like 4 bucks, I would recommend it. it is beautiful

ch27088 03-12-2013 12:41 PM

DH and I are also going to Grand Cayman as one of our port stops. We are booked on the Carnival Sunshine for March 30, 2014. All I want to do is relax at a beach and just enjoy the water swimming and just chilling. I'll try the 7 mile beach, thanks.

CruiseDad 03-13-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch27088 (Post 297822)
DH and I are also going to Grand Cayman as one of our port stops. We are booked on the Carnival Sunshine for March 30, 2014. All I want to do is relax at a beach and just enjoy the water swimming and just chilling. I'll try the 7 mile beach, thanks.

Also ask your driver on the way out to come back and pick you up. most are more than willing to come back at a prearanged time. It makes the return trip much better knowing you have it set up rather than hoping to hail a cab from one just passing by.

macmom111 03-13-2013 06:16 PM

ask how to get on a city bus, they are mini van buses, they make a round trip from the port area past 7 mile beach and back to the port. 2.50 each time you get off. BUT you get to see a bit of the island. if you get lucky you will get a driver that will point out the sites as you head to the beach. it even goes by hell. really a nice little trip to the beach on the city bus.
but I believe to get it back to the port you can not have a wet bathing suit on.

Boneman 03-17-2013 09:52 PM

Thanks for your reply. It was pouring rain when we docked and the ship docked at a different area due to the weather whereby the tenders took us to a little old rickety dock. It was terrible. We took a cab (bus) into town that they had lined up for everyone which cost $5.00 per person. It took about 10-15 min to get to Georgetown. By the time we decided to get off the ship and go, we didn't have but about 45 minutes to shop, so all in all a waste of time and money. We should have stayed on the ship and continued doing what we had been and that was a whole lot of nothing and napping! I would have enjoyed that much better than paying $20 to shop for 45 minutes. LOL!!!!

Jim C. 03-18-2013 07:05 AM

I am so sorry to hear that. Grand Caymen is a favorite port for us, but there is not much to do if you are there during weather like that. I have never been there when we couldn't tender directly into town... I would have jsut gone to Margarita-ville and hung out... But if you had to pay to get into town you are correct in saying staying on the ship would have been better...