Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 01:55 PM

Default higher floor
Can anyone tell me...is it rockier if your room is higher ...like 7th or 8th level as apposed to being down on 1 or 2?
Old 02-25-2013, 03:09 PM

In theory, yes. On one of my cruises I made it a point to walk in different areas and decks to see if I could feel a measureable difference and I couldn't. However, I didn't go to the exact center on the lowest deck, maybe there I would have felt a difference but I rather doubt it. I prefer the higher decks midship.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Administrator

For me, even in choppy seas I can't tell much difference as far as the deck I'm on. There really isn't enough difference in the height from the waterline, whether on deck 2 or deck 10, for it to matter that much unless you are very prone to motion sickness.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandylynn View Post
Can anyone tell me...is it rockier if your room is higher ...like 7th or 8th level as apposed to being down on 1 or 2?
It depends on a few factors - how rough the seas are, and where on the ship you are and how fast the ship is going. I find you can really feel it if you are near the front of the ship.
It almost seems like the act of the ship's bow ploughing through the water is what causes most of the rocking. To me it is quite noticeable on Empress Deck forward on the Fantasy Class ships.

I also had a Veranda deck suite on the final cruise of the Holiday. These are also near the front. We were being chased by a hurricane that was 3 days behind us. I could almost feel the bed drop an inch below me.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:27 AM

The size of the ship is a big factor too. If you're talking about high seas, it won't matter where you are on the ship--you're going to feel the motion of the ocean.

Tags
8th, caribbean, feel, floor, front, motion, royal, ship