Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
I read that Carnival is now flying all passengers back to Miami. They will receive a refund of 3 days worth of their cruise, plus 50% off their next Carnival cruise. I wonder if that refund status will change?
Sandy, where did you see / hear they were being flown to Miami? I saw on their website the passengers are being flown to either Orlando or their final destination.

If there's any good news here, at least the ship was in port so passengers could get off the ship to explore the port. I think that's the right move on Carnival's part, to not risk returning to open waters without backup power.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 03-14-2013, 06:07 PM

The guests are being flown to their home gateway, or to Orlando which is the airport for Port Canaveral, the Carnival Dream's home port.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:21 PM

Thanks for the info. I stand corrected.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Administrator

No problem. The media outlets were so determined to be the first to report every new development on the big cruise ship story that there was plenty of unverified information out there.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:47 AM
Administrator

There is a report about the captain of Royal Caribbean's Oasis Of The Seas being aboard the Dream when the power glitch occurred. He was having lunch with the Carnival captain. I'm sure this happens frequently since cruise ship captains are members of a unique group. Still, the embarrassment of the moment must have caused at least some throat clearing and a quick "I'm afraid we'll have to skip dessert" as the Dream captain quickly hustled out of the dining room.

I get the mental image of the Oasis captain barely containing his laughter as he walks off the Dream and heads back to his ship. "I can't wait to tell the chief engineer about this!"
Old 03-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Talking
I just hope all the "finger pointing" is in the right direction....It could happen to any ship out there.....even a bad cruise is better than no cruise:-)...Happy and a Safe Sailing to us all....

Bob E
Old 03-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Administrator

In the nuclear power industry we have some '6 rules for outages', when the plant is shutdown for refueling and maintenance every 2 years. They are also known as the 6 rules for a project.

They are:

1 - Enthusiasm
2 - Disillusionment
3 - Panic
4 - Search for the Guilty
5 - Punishment of the Innocent
6 - Praise and Rewards for the Nonparticipants
Old 03-17-2013, 12:07 PM

I'd be curious how many airplanes on a daily basis have flight delays due to some type of maintenance problem.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Probably dozens.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berick1234 View Post
I just hope all the "finger pointing" is in the right direction....It could happen to any ship out there.....even a bad cruise is better than no cruise:-)...Happy and a Safe Sailing to us all....

Bob E
I used to say this, but after the Triumph incident I would have to say no cruise is better than that cruise. We just got off of the Conquest today and booked the Dream for October on yesterday! I am not afraid to travel with Carnival. It could happen to any of them, but someone made mention yesterday at brunch if it might be some sort of espionage. Makes one wonder especially in these times.

Tags
carnival, conquest, cruise, dream, issues, management, operations, plan, problem, problems, public, relations, reviews, ship, yesterday